Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 3, 2011

Curran's First Movie

Last Monday afternoon, I took C to see her very first movie: The Lion King! I had wanted to take her to see Winnie the Pooh when it was out, but we missed that boat, so when I saw that The Lion King was coming out I knew I had to take her! I took her to see the regular {2D} version as I wasn't sure she could/would keep on the 3D glasses, and I wasn't sure my morning sickness could handle all that movement! So after she woke up from her nap we headed to the theater. We got there after the previews started, so it was too dark for me to get a good picture, but she was so cute and looked so grown up sitting there with her very own little box of popcorn. She was too little to be able to keep the seat from folding in on her, so luckily my purse weighs about 3 times as much as her, so I put that and her little bag in the chair with it, but it still barely managed to keep her from being snapped shut. :)


My phone doesn't have a flash, so I had to lighten it up a ton, hence the poor quality. But you know I had to try and document it! :)



She started off loving the movie, and every time there was a scene without one of the lions, she would ask, "Where dat lion king go?" :) Of course I was in tears as soon as it started. I mean, I'm an easy crier by nature, but come on. The Lion King? Let's just blame the pregnancy hormones on that one. Although you can't deny that the presentation of baby Simba to the pride with that darn Circle of Life playing loudly isn't a wee bit emotional. Or maybe it's just me?? Anyway...

It was smooth sailing until we got to a scene when Simba was grown, and he was lying in a field looking up at the stars. I made the mistake of telling C that he was thinking about his daddy, and she started crying and saying, "He misses his daddy? Where his daddy go? He find his daddy!" She had the biggest pouty lip and was so pitiful. :( She could not get over it the rest of the movie and kept crying and saying, "He misses his daddy." I felt SO bad, and she ended up in my lap for the remainder. Then she kind of perked up at the end, but as soon as the credits started rolling, she started crying HYSTERICALLY and saying, "I want my lion king!" I mean, she was bawling! This little boy behind us asked his mom, "Why is that baby crying?" :) She cried the whole way out of the theater saying she wanted to watch it again.

We stopped by John's office on the way home {because it's right across from the movie theater}, and she wouldn't even look at him. She was still crying, and he asked her if she wanted to get out of the car, and she replied, "I just want to stay in my car seat." I think the whole Muffasa dying thing really got to her and she was taking it out on John. It was weird.

When we got home, she was still talking about wanting to see more Lion King, so I pulled up some clips on You Tube and she watched those over and over for a while until I had to cut her off.



This expression cracks me up. I asked her if she loved the Lion King and she was in the middle of saying, "I DID!" :)



I am glad I took her to see the movie, and I love experiencing "firsts" like that with her, but I felt pretty guilty that she was so emotional the rest of the day. I'll have to be more careful about the next movie I take her to!


Later last week I found an old VHS copy of the Lion King that I had, so she has watched that once with no tears, so I'm glad for that! I also downloaded some of the music and made a CD, so now she doesn't want to get of the car because she wants to keep on listening to the Lion King! As I told my sister, I'm real good at getting her pumped up about something and then inadvertently creating an obsession! :)

1 comment:

Christopher said...

here we go with the new obsession! :) love the new header!