Part 1 will be the bedrooms and bathrooms, and I will show the other living spaces in another post. I'm not going to show a picture of the front since this blog isn't private, but it's nothing to write home about. Built in 1973, so pretty characteristic of that era. It is a combo of brick and wood clapboard, and one day I would love to paint the brick the same shade of gray that the wood is.
This is our master bedroom. All furniture is mostly the same as it was at the old house.
That door on the right is a semi-walk in closet that John and I share. One of the only changes we made when we moved in was to get new carpet in all of the bedrooms as well as in the basement.
Those French doors on the right go out onto the deck. {the curtains are too long but there are some we had, and the rod was already hanging there, and we were too lazy to move it} The door just to left of them is the bathroom. And John's closet is behind those glass doors on the far left.
The dresser is one that came from my grandparents' house. It is still lined with paper my grandmother had in there, so it is very special to me.
And this is our bathroom. Probably not much by most people's standards, but compared to our tiny closet-sized bathroom at the old house, we almost didn't know what to do with ourselves when we first moved in. I wish it had a bath tub, but otherwise we love it.
Shower with great storage to the right.
This is Sallie Cate's room, and it is directly across the hall from the master. I wanted the nursery to be close to us, and when we are done having kids, we'll eventually turn this in to the guest room and all the kids will be upstairs.
It looks pretty much identical to how it looked at the old house, minus the wall color. We brought the valance with us from the old house, and while it's a teensy bit too wide, it works just fine, and I couldn't bear leaving it there {although we did leave Curran's because we didn't have any windows they would fit. it broke my heart to do it, but I made sure the new owners would use it and not throw it out before agreeing to leave it}.
The door on the left is her closet, and the door on the right goes out into the hallway.
The only bathroom on the main floor also has the only bathtub, so it's the one the kids use {another reason I wanted the nursery to be downstairs- I didn't like the idea of lugging a baby up and down the stairs in order to use that bathroom}
I really want to replace the vanity at some point. I don't like the color of the granite {it looks mostly black in this picture but it actually has a lot of browns/oranges in it}, and the cabinets are dated. But it's functional we will totally live it for the foreseeable future.
Since SC only has one window in her room, we put the other valance in here since it's technically her bathroom.
Curran's room is upstairs, and everyone seems surprised that we put her up there by herself. But SC will be up there in a year or so {whenever she transitions to a big girl bed}, so I knew it wouldn't be for too long. At first, she often said that she was scared to be up there by herself, but she has gotten used to it now and does well. Her room is one of the only two rooms we painted when we moved in {it was a periwinkle color}. She was so excited about having a "purple" room, despite me warning her a million times that we were painting it. We used the same shade of white that we used in SC's room at the old house.
There isn't anything on the walls or windows, which makes it look a little plain. But it's sweet and I love it. That door on the left is a large closet.
Those beds were my uncles' and then my brother's and were a blonde wood color, so my dad had them painted for me. My mom found the ballerina fabric at a local store in Jackson.
This is Curran's bathroom, and it is in the hall, so it's the one the guests use, too.
The cabinets are dated in here as well, but it doesn't bother us too much, and there is a ton of storage.
The previous owners left that lavender valance, so I monogrammed some hand towels to coordinate. You can see the shower on the left and some great cabinet space on the right. The toilet is around the corner on the left.
The guest room is one of the two rooms {the other being the dining room} that we have done nothing with and seems very "unfinished" to me.
We need a bed, but that's just not high on the priority list right now. The chaise lounge was a hand-me-down from a friend of my mom's {my parents have just l-o-v-e-d bringing all their old junk in town now that we have room for it. It's driving.me.crazy. The side table on the right is one from my grandparents' house, and the one on the left is one I've had since I graduated from college. And I randomly hung that canvas of C on the wall because there are like ten huge nails there.
So that's it for the beds and baths {except for one bath in the basement that I will show that later}. Come back for part 2 soon!








2 comments:
I love reading these, too! And I just adore the beds and ballerina bedding in Curran's room. So sweet!
So so pretty! I love it! By the way, Zayd sleeps by himself upstairs too :)
Post a Comment