This is the best "before" picture I could find.
"Whaaaaa?"
After
She is saying lots of fun things. I always seem to leave some words off her list each month now that they're getting harder to keep up with because she repeats so much. Last month I forgot to add "eat eat" which she says when she's hungry or sees her high chair, "mih" or "mimmie" for Mickey and Minnie, read, paci {sounds like pah-ie}, and Win {our neighbor friend and her classmate}. This month she has added thank you {sounds like "dank doo"}. It is so cute and she says it all the time, way better than C was at this age. She also says her teachers' names. "No" is not a new word but she is using it so frequently these days. She says it very nasally and it's pretty cute {although I know it soon won't be}.
Her favorite books right now are the Sandra Boyton books, especially Moo, Baa, Lalala. She likes to finish the sentences for me with the animal noises. In addition to animal noises, when you ask her what a fish says she purses her lips and makes little noises- it's so cute. She loves Brown Bear, Brown Bear {and can say the title although I don't think anyone else would understand what she is saying}. She also still really likes The Three Bears.
She LOVES watching the beginning of Mickey Mouse and FREAKS out when it comes on. She has also started requesting "Mihhhh" when we walk by the TV. I was indulging her at first, but it takes longer to find it on On Demand and turn it on than she'll actually watch it. Thirty seconds in and she's done, so I decided I needed to quit bowing to her demands and avoid starting that bad habit.
eating her first popsicle all by herself
She is mostly doing great with one nap per day. Rarely I will have to put her down for two naps. She still goes to bed at the same time every night and sleeps great. It's getting harder to get her to leave her paci in her bed in the morning though. She grips that thing between her teeth and throws a fit when I try to take it out and put it back in her bed. Oh boy.
{She still gets her paci in the car. I should probably stop that soon. Ugh.}
She still eats pretty well, but she doesn't seem to like some of her old favorites like grilled cheese and cheese quesadillas as much anymore. She loves black beans, string cheese, and most fruits. Still isn't a fan of any other vegetables besides beans, but apparently she does eat them at school. She loves having a utensil during her meals and does not tolerate being spoon-fed very well.
She loves to gives hugs and kisses, and it's sweet to see her give good nights hugs to everyone before bed.
A little sister wrassling
Happy 17 months, sweet girl! We love you!











No comments:
Post a Comment