I didn't take too many pictures over the 4th of July week because it rained almost the entire time we were down there. I think we had about 1 1/2 days of sun and the rest of the week was pretty miz.
I think these next few pictures were the first day we were there {Sunday}, and it was late in the afternoon after it quit raining.
This was either Monday or Tuesday, the only full day of sun.
She was not happy about the beach on this day, but by the end of the week she was walking in the sand with her Crocs on! Huge step for her!
Showing Big her boo-boos.
Wrassling with Uncle Craig
I had to snap a few pics while they were practicing their summersaults.
I can't remember what night this was, but it was after it had been dark and stormy all.day.long and we thought we were going to go crazy. We were so happy to catch a small glimpse of sun after it set.
It's always fun for the kids to spot a rainbow.
This was the second night of dance parties. I guess I didn't get any pics from the first night on my actual camera, but it was hilarious. I posted a few on Instagram but they certainly didn't do it justice. We were highly entertained.
Every night if it quit raining, we would go out on the beach for a bit. It was always so windy, and SC loved to go down there but of course she didn't want to get down and walk.
This afternoon she was content on the beach and actually enjoyed dipping her toes in the water.
Making homemade ice cream with Big on the 4th of July.
We did a lot of cuddling and reading {and TV watching!}.
Sinclair was copying SC and I thought it was cute. Ol' Cakers is a lover of all things soft and snuggly.
The last day there was beautiful, of course! We had a little bit of beach time before we packed up and headed home.
We didn't even celebrate the actual 4th of July. No parade for the first time we can remember, no fireworks, nothing.
This trip won't go down as one of the best trips of all time, but I am always thankful for any time at the beach.



















No comments:
Post a Comment