I feel like she is saying new words all the time, but it's getting harder to keep an accurate list because she repeats so much of what we say, so I don't really count those since she doesn't really know what she's saying. I forgot to put 'baby' on her list of words at 14 months. It's probably one of her favorite words to say. She gets the most excited when she sees baby cousin Becket and exclaims "BABY!!" as loud as she can. It sounds more like 'baybeh". Something else I forgot in her 14 month post is that she says "beh" every time I sneeze {or cough, as she thinks that's a sneeze too}. Not really a word, but she's saying it for "bless you" and she does it every.single.time. Other new words this month: eye, ball, and duck. She can sometimes say that a duck says "quack quack" and that a cow says "moo." I thought she said a lot of words, but then I went back and read my blog about Curran at 15 months. Wow, she was saying a lot more, including mimicking a lot more animal sounds. SC says Mama a LOT more than C did at this age, which of course makes me happy. :)
The biggest thing this past month is having to transition to a new class at school. She has done ok but still cries most days at drop off and gets upset when I pick her up {like she all of a sudden remembers that I've been gone}, but she does great during the day and seems to really love her teachers. She is taking great naps on her little cot and gets a "clean my plate" on every single daily report. Curran has gotten maybe 3 of those total since she started school. Sallie Cate's favorite spot in her classroom is the reading area where they have a lot of soft animals and pillows. She definitely loves all things soft and cuddly!
I think she is transitioning to one nap per day. Can you hear me crying from where you are? They went down to one nap at school at the beginning of May, but we have only done one nap at home maybe twice. But as of this week, it seems that she is going to do better with only one nap. She normally would take two, 2 hour naps, but the past couple of days when I've tried two naps, she's had a hard time with one of them, taking forever to fall asleep or never going to sleep at all. I will morn the loss of that second nap, for sure! She is still going to bed around the same time at night and sleeps 12-13 hours. She is so happy in her crib and is definitely attached to her pacifiers and her lovies. She likes to carry her lovies with her everywhere. She is also really liking baby dolls these days.
She loves to play outside and will stand at the washer & dryer {where we keep some of their shoes} and whine, begging to put on her shoes. She loves an old bike of Curran's and gets so excited every time we walk out of the front door and she sees it. She and Curran love playing together, but I constantly have to separate them as C gets too rough easily. It's probably the thing I lose my patience about the easiest.
Some pictures from this past month:
{please excuse the iPhone quality}
This was the first time I let her play at McWane, and she had a ball!
Love that sweet little face. This was when I had moved the booster seat to my room before we had a party, and she kept climbing in it and trying to put her bib on.
One of her favorite activities- "organizing" all the cookie cutters.
She is way more of a climber than C ever was. This was after she learned to climb into this chair by herself.
Riding her bike.
Playing with Sister in her crib.
Happy 15 months, Cakers! You are such a joy, and we love you so incredibly much!!











1 comment:
sweet girl!
Post a Comment