Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

15 Month Check-Up

Sallie Cate had her 15 month check up today. She is doing well and got a good report! And she did SO well when Dr. D was examining her! I was so pleasantly surprised because she normally screams bloody murder, and she did scream her head off when the nurse was measuring her head circumference and her length. I think it helped that Curran was there, so Dr. D would examine C and then do the same thing to SC. That seemed to make it easier on SC.



SC weighed 20 1lbs 12 oz {20th percentile} and was 31.5" long {80th percentile}. The length may have been wrong. For some reason I'm thinking the nurse might have said 30.5", not 31, but that's what Dr. D wrote on our card. She may actually be 31.5" but she has never been in the 80th percentile for anything! She is wearing mostly 12-18 mo size clothing and a size 3 diaper.

She had to get two vaccines and a finger stick to check lead levels that we forgot at her 12 mo visit. She got SO upset, understandably.

I always pack a paci when we have shots! Her face was so splotchy from crying. 

Luckily Sister was there to cheer her up.


SC is doing really well so I really didn't have many concerns. I just had one question for the doctor.  I am a bit of a closet hypochondriac {"closet" in that convince myself that I, or my kids, have some terrible illness but I don't run off to the doctor to get them or myself checked out. I just obsess over it until our next appt. :) }. Anyway, I was freaking myself out that she had cystic fibrosis. And I am NOT making light of it. I really was worried that she might have it because she always has congestion in her chest, regardless of whether or not she has a runny nose or any other upper respiratory symptoms, and she coughs out mucous quite a lot. She is also small. But the dr reminded me that they do check that on the newborn screen, and although you can have some false negatives, SC really doesn't have any other symptoms, so she thinks she's fine. She said she may have some mild asthma or allergies. But otherwise, we are thankful she is a healthy girl! 


1 comment:

Lora G said...

Oh girl, I am a closet hypochondriac too. I have worked myself into a frenzy over things, especially about them, then I start doing internet research and it makes it worse! I never really did it though until I had kids.