Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Two Guys, Four Girls & An Airplane

Weekend before last the Quinns and the Heys boarded a plane bound for Arizona! I mentioned in a previous post that we were traveling out there for my goddaughter's baptism. We had been looking forward to this trip for months! It was John and Craig's first time to go with us. {My previous trips here and here.}


I had been getting Curran pumped up about flying on the airplane to see her buddy "RayRay" {Leray}. Never mind the fact that she thought Arizona and the airplane were one in the same. :)


The only other time she has flown, I nursed her during take off and landing so her ears could pop more easily. I didn't know what to do this time, so I asked Chris if we could use one of Sinclair's pacifiers {she doesn't use them). You can imagine that C was beyond thrilled to have one! Of course, she didn't want to give up after we were in the air and it was not a battle I was willing to fight on an extremely crowded airplane. Whatever keeps her quiet! :)

Watching the Lion King.

I got her a cute little suitcase to take on the plane full of new goodies and fun snacks that she normally doesn't get to eat. I got some coloring books, crayons, and a new book all from the $1 bin at Target and bought her The Lion King on DVD. She loved it and was constantly asking to hold her suitcase. Both girls did great on the flight and we were so proud of them!

Chris and Craig were sweet to let C come sit with them for a while during the flight.


We were thrilled to see Elizabeth and Leray, and C spent time cuddling with Liz once we got back to their house {she fell asleep in the car on the way home from the airport, so she was extra snuggly :) }.

And she LOVED playing with all L's toys! But she did NOT love having to share them with the babies. :)


Thursday night Elizabeth cooked dinner and we all just sat around and visited. The girls had so much fun playing with each other!

This pic is blurry because it's from my phone, but I just love it! C lives for making those babies laugh, and this captured the moment perfectly!



Sweet Leray. Curran was so excited to see her "RayRay"!


Sinclair is a jumping bean and loved trying out L's jumperoo.

C was constantly hugging and kissing Leray.

C didn't want to be left out of the baby fun.

Testing out Brandon's work out equipment.


On Friday the boys got to have their "guy time" and went and played golf while we girls enjoyed a quiet morning around the house and then went to lunch at my favorite hamburger and milkshake place, Big Earls.




On Friday night, we got a babysitter and all the adults went out to dinner with Liz's dad and his wife. It was so nice to go out sans kids, although I was nervous leaving C with someone she didn't know. However the babysitter was super sweet and C had a great time!

Elizabeth and Brandon

Craig and Christopher

the whole group

Can you spot Shaggy 'Do sandwiched in there?

On Saturday we got to have our "girl time" and went on a walk and then went out to lunch and shopped a bit. When we got back that afternoon, for some reason the boys felt entitled to a little more "guy time", so they went on a hike at Black Mountain.



While they were off hiking, Liz and I entertained the girls outside. {Chris was putting Sinclair to bed. They kept her on her same Birmingham schedule- AZ is two hours behind us right now-so S was going to bed around 4:30/5:00 each day. Unfortunately, due to the time change, the Bham girls woke up at 4am the first morning. The daddies were sweet and took morning duty every day. C adjusted fairly quickly and started sleeping til 6 or 6:30, but S continued to wake at her normal time every day.}

L loved the water and was splashing around like a little fish.


C wasn't as into it and basically ran from the hose, but she had fun watching L.

Then they had a quick bath. I just love how much these girls love each other! {and Sinclair would have been right in the middle if she wasn't asleep :) }

Sunday was the big day for the Baptism. Leray did great and was looking 'purdy' in her great-great grandmother's Christening gown.

L with her PawPaw

Cindy, Mr. Mc, Leray, Liz, Brandon





Leray with her parents, grandparents & great-grandmother





Liz and I had to pose with our goddaughter since Liz couldn't be at Sinclair's baptism {sorry for the pic Liz- it was the only one I had :) }


After the baptism, we had a very nice lunch at Elizabeth and Brandon's.



Some of Liz's sweet friends


I loved snuggling with this little guy!! He had a good nap on my shoulder and I ate it up. :)



Precious girlies in adorable matching dresses that Prim made. Of course we had to get a pic of the 3 of them together, which was much harder than it sounds as all 3 are on different nap schedules and were hardly all awake for more than 5 minutes at the same time that afternoon. But we made it happen. I think 6 or 7 ladies all hollering, clapping and trying to make them laugh probably scared them for life. There wasn't really one great picture {we took more than 100 between the 3 of us} so I had to include a handful. They didn't know who to look at!


I could eat them with a spoon!

Sunday night we just took it easy around the house and got take out. We were all depressed that it was our last night together.

I think we have several pictures similar to this from growing up.

Mr. Mc loved playing with C. Sometimes she played along, other times she was standoff-ish. So I thought it was so cute when she gave him such a sweet goodbye hug.


Chris bought the girls matching pj's so of course we had to try to get a pic before leaving for the airport Monday morning. Again, no winners, but they're still cute. :)


Always giving kisses! :)


We had such an amazing time and were all sad to see it come to an end. We are so thankful for such incredible friends and are glad to have such a fun place to visit!

2 comments:

Katharyn said...

Loved, loved, loved this post!!!! Makes me sad that we missed the fun time! What a fun memory! The girls look adorable in their matching outfits (Prim, you amaze me!)! I, too could eat them all with a spoon!

Emily Ferris said...

I think I had a smile on my face this entire post!! what a sweet, sweet time you had together! The girls are all three absolutely precious ... and their parents are pretty great too! :)