I also had my first dream about Baby #2. I dreamed that we found out it was a boy. I have been kind of thinking boy for the last month or so but am hesitant to "say it out loud." Last time I didn't have a real feeling either way, except that I thought there was really no chance for a girl, given the male-dominant Quinn gene pool. Looking back the ONLY thing that makes me thing that my intuition was trying to tell me girl was that I was pretty much only looking at girl bedding/nursery decor when I looked for ideas online. Normally I gravitate towards boy things, so that was odd and should have clued me in.
Here are the reasons I am slightly leaning towards boy this time:
- We don't have a girl name picked out and I am not worried about that one bit for some reason. Last time, I had to have our girl name and boy named decided as soon as we knew we were pregnant. So that is not like me to not have a girl name decided on, making me think maybe it's a boy.
- When I was in a fabric store getting fabric for C's big girl bed {same fabric she already has in her room}, I only browsed at the boy fabric when looking for the new baby. I didn't even realize it until my sister asked me what I liked for a girl and then I realized I didn't look at the girly fabric at all. Craig says that's because I've already done the girl room once. That may be true, but still.
- For a long time after I had C, I really wanted our second child to be a girl. I hate admitting that because I don't want it to seem like I wouldn't have been excited about a boy, but I think I just loved having a girl so much and it seemed comfortable to imagine having another one. Not to mention, I would love to use all C's clothes again! Now of course I really don't care and would be thrilled with either, but I realized that lately I haven't even been picturing our family with 2 girls at all. For some reason I keep imagining this baby as boy and then have to remind myself that I really don't know.
Anyway...
I am 15 weeks and think my belly is the same size now as it was with C at like 25 weeks. And I'm still sick. I know by 15 weeks with C I was feeling better and definitely not still getting sick. I am so thankful for this baby but I am so over the nausea/vomiting! But it is worth it if it means this baby is healthy and thriving! I feel like I finally look pregnant and not just pudgy, so that's fun. :) And I definitely felt the baby move again last night! {I wrote the top part of this post earlier this week.}
And just to end with a cute pic:
My cute little pumpkin!





No comments:
Post a Comment