We find out in 3.5 weeks what we are having and I absolutely cannot wait! To me, that is what makes it feel more real. I am looking forward to calling this baby by his or her name {well, if she's a girl she is no where close to having a name yet!}.
And I wanted to throw in a few more things about Curran. I feel like now that I don't do her regular monthly updates anymore, I can never remember little tidbits about her that I want to jot down. And she has been SO sweet this week. I feel like I always mention when she's being a pill, so I want to make sure to document her sweetness, too. :) She has just been so loving and affectionate this week. We have had no tantrums {I'm sure I just jinxed myself}, and she has just been super pleasant and fun to be around. She has been sick for the past few days, and I stayed home with her Tuesday morning. John came home at lunch so I could work that afternoon, and when I was kissing her goodbye she said, "I wanna go wit you!" Break my heart. So I told her I'd be back soon and we'd do something fun when I got home. I went to the front of the house to get my things and was about to leave when I heard her little footsteps running through the house. {She was in my bed watching the Lion King.} She ran towards me and said, "One more hug? I love you!" She kept giving me kisses and saying she loved me, which I thought was so sweet, because the ONLY person she ever says I love you to spontaneously is Sinclair. And most of the time she doesn't even say 'I love you too" when I say it first. The only person she does that with is my sister. So it has been fun having lots of 'love you toos" this week {she says love you too even if she says it first}. And when I got home from work, she and John were outside having just gotten home from a walk, and she ran up to me and said, "I'm so glad you're home!" while giving me the biggest hug. She's never said anything like that before, and I thought it was cute. :)
One thing she does lately that I think is funny is that she'll come get me and pull me towards another room saying, "Let me show you sump-in {something}", and then she'll say "wook" and I can never figure out exactly what the big deal is. And last night while we were saying prayers, she lifted her head off my chest, pointed her little index finger straight up in the air and said, "I need to tell you sump-in" and started talking about the Lion King. :)
She has been kind of sassy lately, though. She is into telling me to "stop!" if I'm doing something she doesn't like and she's been saying says "be quiet!" when I'm talking to her, so we've had to do some correcting on the way she speaks to me.
She is also trying to get sneaky and loves to tell me to "be still" when she is about to do something she probably shouldn't, or she says "i promise" right before she messes with me, like "I promise I I'm not going to ___" and then she does the thing I think she is "promising" not to do. :) Not sure where she got that from.
Another thing I have been wanting to remember is how she says my name. My mom taught her my name earlier this summer, so every now and then she'll say it. One night we were rocking and she grabbed my cheeks and just said, "You Ma-wy Youis." Sometimes she calls me Mama Louis. :)
When we were in Jackson this past weekend, my sister was asking C to identify some family members in pics from when we were little. We were all so impressed because she got everyone right on the first try, even my grandmother who she has only seen a handful of times! Well, the first time I pointed to a picture of myself, C said it was "Curran" but then she got it right on the second try.
And just because a post without pictures is kinda boring:
I found her rocking and sushing her little puppy dog one morning. She's such a little mama. :)
In her TN cheerleading outfit courtesy of Nana and Pop.
Lovin' on her BFF.








No comments:
Post a Comment