That my little baby would be as stubborn as her mama (and her daddy, but he doesn't admit to his stubbornness...at least I own up to mine). We were scheduled for the 4D ultrasound today, but wouldn't you know that Baby C was uncooperative. She had her face smashed up against the placenta so there was no fluid in front of her face in order to get a good picture. The tech got the baby to move a little bit (she didn't try very hard if you ask me), but not enough to get good pictures, so they sent us on our way. Needless to say, I was bummed, but we did get our money back and still got some kind of fun pictures and a little bit of a video. We tried to reschedule, but by the time the next available appointment rolls around I will be too far along to get it. As my dad said when I told him the ultrasound didn't work out, "Well good. You need some surprises when the baby is born. We didn't know what y'all looked like." Thanks, Dad. That makes me feel better. And it's not like I think the 4D pics are that accurate as far as the baby's looks go, but I was still excited about seeing her face and getting some cute pictures. So Brooke and Olivia, I am tres jealous of your cute pictures!! So anyway, I was in a slightly bad mood when we left the doctor's office, and I was talking to Christopher on the phone telling her about the visit, and I mentioned that in one of the pictures of her nose and mouth that I thought it looked like the baby had my lips, and John very dramatically, and somewhat rudely said, "You CANNOT tell that," all while rolling his eyes and acting like I was a complete idiot. So of course I maturely replied that yes I most certainly could tell, and I could say that the baby looks like whoever the hell I want and it wouldn't matter because that would be my opinion, and that I hoped she looked nothing like him. Of course I was just kidding, but we were mad at each other for about 15 minutes over the stupid ultrasound. I think John was annoyed at the ultrasound tech because it was like she didn't try to take pictures of anything but her nose and lips. She kept on saying "there are her nose and lips." And we're like..we know, that's all we've seen! It was like she couldn't find anything else. We did see the baby opening and closing her eyes and smacking her lips a lot, which was cute. But I'm over the disappointment of the whole experience now. Curran will be here before too long and we'll see her cute little face.
On another note, the nursery is almost finished, so I am relieved about that. I will post pictures once it's complete. I know y'all are just dying to see it!! :) And I am also relieved because I think we may have a spot in a day care for November. And a good one that we were on the waiting list for. I don't want to be a snob, but I didn't want to end up at some random, shady place, which it was looking highly likely that we would. I was so depressed yesterday after stopping by our church to see where we were on the waiting list, and the director said we might get in when the baby is two. What?? As in 2011?? I wanted to tell the girl that they surely thought highly of themselves. John said they probably pulled the tithing records and saw that we have contributed nothing thus far. Knowing our church, he's probably right. J/K...kind of :)
That's about all I've got. In about 9 weeks (hopefully), I will have some baby pics to put up!
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment