Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 10, 2016

Spring Break 2016

As I mentioned in my Easter post, we headed to Seagrove for the first few days of Spring Break because John needed to work there. We had plans to head to Point Clear on Wednesday with my whole family. My parents won four days/night at a house in Point Clear in an auction last year, so we were planning on doing that Wed-Sun.

We got to Seagrove on Sunday night right around supper time. The girls were dying to go down on the beach even though it was cold and getting dark. They insisted on putting on swim suits, and they played with some of our neighbors for a little while. Then we got take out and went to bed.

John spent most of the time we were there working, so we didn't see too much of him. It made for long days for the girls and me, but they were mostly good. On Monday we lazed around the house for a little while and then walked down to Seaside to play on the playground.




Then we walked across the street to eat lunch at the Taco Bar and and C got a snocone afterwards.


After that we headed back to the house to go down to the beach for a little while.




John came home late that afternoon and we walked back down to Seaside to see the Children's Theater perform Rapunzel. The girls loved it! Curran ran into one of her classmates, so that was fun.



John and C always love watching the sun set together. 


On Tuesday, John went into work a little later so we could walk down to Modica to eat breakfast. They had been begging to ride their bikes down there to get a waffle. On our way back we ran into our babysitter's husband and their two girls, so that was fun!

Sallie wasn't feeling a picture :)


John went in to work and the girls and I sat around reading and watching TV waiting for it to warm up enough to go on the beach. They had fun playing with some neighbors but it was pretty chilly. That night we went to eat at The Bay, which we always enjoy. Curran ran into another classmate and was excited.

On Wednesday John was gone all day playing golf with his bosses, so it was a long day for me. We walked to Seaside for an early lunch at the grilled cheese truck and then got a snocone afterwards. SC  made friends with some high school boy named John. :) We went back to the play on the beach for a little while but soon we had to start cleaning up the house and packing to leave. It was lots of fun doing that by myself while John was playing golf, let me tell ya. :)

We made it to Point Clear around 6:30 or 7:00 that night, and my parents and Christopher and the girls were there. Craig was away on business and my brother's flights were terribly delayed with all the bad weather, so he ended up not getting in until Thursday morning.

The house was absolutely beautiful and was right on the bay. The girls loved running around and playing in the yard and on the little beach.


I love all the old trees with Spanish Moss. The house we stayed in was newer, but the owner's other house on the property was built in the mid 1800's. That's it in the left corner above- I wish I had taken a good picture of it. It was so pretty!


We rode bikes down to the Grand. Well, Sallie and I turned around early because she got tired.  Chris, John, and the girls stayed down there at the playground for a while.


We sat on on the pier and then played while waiting for everyone else to get home. Then we headed into Fairhope to eat lunch at Panini Pete's. We enjoyed it!


Then we got ice cream from Gene's Beans and then headed back to the house. John went to Gulf Shores to play golf with a work colleague, and the girls played outside in the sand for a while. We just ate at home that night.

Friday ended up being a pretty miserable day. Christopher and I basically woke up bickering. The girls were bickering. And it was pouring down rain and flooding, making it impossible to escape. After a few hours at home, John and I loaded up the girls and went to a few shops in Fairhope. The girls had fun playing in the toy store, and I got the baby a couple of things in a cute boutique. Then we went back to the house to pick up Chris and her girls for lunch since they were without a car. Lunch ended up being a disaster. It took forever, SC knocked our table over and spilled my tea all over me, and the food wasn't very good. My crew went back home, and Chris took our car so she and the girls could run to some stores. When they got back, the rain had let up some, so we took the girls outside to play. They wanted to put on swim suits and get in the water. Well the water in the bay is very murky, and poor Sinclair stepped on something really sharp and sliced the bottom of her foot really badly. So Christopher had to take her to urgent care. John and I took the other three girls on a long walk down the boardwalk just to get out of the house, even though it was drizzling some. Then after Christopher and Sinclair got home, a heavy bar stool fell on Becket when she was sitting on the ground playing and hurt her pretty badly. It was just one of those days that we were all ready to see end! I know Christopher was VERY excited to see Craig when he got in late that night!

Saturday was Sallie's birthday, and thankfully the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day! John got donuts from Warehouse Bakery, so the birthday girl got her favorite chocolate with sprinkles.


Then we got dressed and rode bikes to the Grand to play on the playground.  Well, I pushed SC in the stroller and C rode her bike. It was pretty chilly but beautiful, and we loved walking around the Grand. We thought we lost C for a little while on the way home. Since she was riding her bike, she was way ahead of us. On the way there she was good about stopping and waiting for us. But on the way home, she disappeared. John was afraid she got turned around in the Grand, but I figured she had kept on riding straight for home. So we split up to look for her. Turns out she had ridden her bike all the way home, gone inside and realized no one was there, and started walking back towards the Grand to find us. It was a stressful 15 minutes or so. After that we went into Fairhope for lunch. We weren't really sure where to eat and ended up at the Dragonfly. It was ok, not great. Then we walked across the street to the ice cream store.


We met up with the Heys after that because the dads were taking the big girls to ride horses. SC didn't want to go, so Chris and I took the little girls back to the house. SC and I went outside and she played with her new birthday toy from Cricky and Big for a long time. They got her a Calico Critters play house. Our present to her was a new bike we had given her the weekend before, but I wanted her to have something to open on her birthday, so I got her a new Anna dress. Well I left it in Seagrove, so I got her some critters to go with her play house when we were at the toy store the day before. She has loved them and played with them constantly.




Everyone joined us outside once they got home, and it was a nice evening to sit on the pier. After a while we got ready for dinner. We were going to an Italian restaurant called Gambino's because spaghetti is SC's favorite food, so I figured that would be a good birthday dinner for her. They put a candle in her meatball and she was surprised and exited. :)



We had more ice cream when we got home and then called it a night. We left the next morning to head back to Birmingham. Even with some minor disasters and annoyances, it was a really great week away, and I was sad to see it come to an end.

1 comment:

Lora G said...

Our friend's parents own Gambino's!! I am super impressed at how C handled coming home and not seeing y'all! I'm not sure what Z would've done! I Love your beach recaps, it always seems like good family time (bickering and all! ;)).