We stayed in town for Easter this year, and it was really nice. It was a busy week leading up to the holiday. I really love Holy Week. It' so somber and reflective, and it always makes me emotional. I was at church seven times that week (5 masses, Stations of the Cross, and a rehearsal for the vigil), and I loved it.
We dyed eggs on Good Friday and made resurrection rolls on Holy Saturday, trying to squeeze in all our fun activities before the big day.
We ended up hunting eggs outside on Saturday, because rain was predicted for Sunday. The girls loved that and wanted us to hide them several times, and then started hiding them for each other.
We dyed eggs on Good Friday and made resurrection rolls on Holy Saturday, trying to squeeze in all our fun activities before the big day.
It was nice that Curran could basically do it by herself this year. There is no picture of SC because I couldn't step away from her for one second. :)
SC was pouting about something.
SC (with John's help) had hidden eggs for C and was trying to give her hints.
One of our best friends was baptized into the Catholic Church, and Christopher and I were so proud to be her sponsors. It was my first time to attend the Easter Vigil mass on Saturday night, and it was beautiful. It was an emotional night to say the least.
John kept the girls at home since mass didn't start until 7pm and was 2.5 hrs long.
After church, we ate lunch with the Heys at the club. It was nice not to have to cook. But they had the Easter bunny walking about, and little Miss Sal Pal did not like that one bit! She spent most of lunch in one of our laps crying or being taken out of the room.
I played Easter bunny when I got home (had to get them a "Jesus book" since SC said we didn't have any. (Which is obviously not true, but I figured another one couldn't hurt.)
Peeking on Sunday morning
We had a quick but nice breakfast together, and then got ready for 11:00 church.
SC wasn't much into posing.
After church, we ate lunch with the Heys at the club. It was nice not to have to cook. But they had the Easter bunny walking about, and little Miss Sal Pal did not like that one bit! She spent most of lunch in one of our laps crying or being taken out of the room.
The mamas with their youngest babies. :)
Easter weekend was the beginning of our Spring Break, and we had originally planned on staying in town until Wednesday, but John needed to go to Seagrove for work, so we left straight from lunch for the beach!














3 comments:
I love that picture of you and Chris and your bumps! :) :)
LOVE! Keep the blog revival up! :)
I've been following you for a few years but never commented. Your girls are precious, and congratulations on your new arrival!
Post a Comment