Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

The Beach in October

We went to the beach for a very quick weekend trip a couple of weeks ago. John got a new job at the end of July and is now the CFO for the 30-A group {the blue sticker with the sunshine}, so he goes to Seagrove quite a bit for work. He had a work event one Saturday, so the girls and I met him down there for the weekend. We left right after I picked Curran up from school and came back late that Sunday night. My parents ended up being down there too, so that was nice.


Waking up to a beautiful sunrise.


The girls got some early morning beach time in with Big and Daddy before he left for the day.



It tickled me that they were doing the same thing in this photo. :)

Hanging with Big

The float never actually made it into the water. They just played with it on the sand. :)

After John got home, we took them on a long walk and got sno-cones in Seaside.



Curran and Cricky enjoying the sunset

Big always loves to light the lanterns



John took Curran for a short walk down the beach, and I spotted this sweet moment and had to run grab my phone to take a picture. 

On Sunday, we took them to the playground and then came back to the house for some beach time.




We had a beautiful sunset on the drive home- of course I couldn't really capture it with my phone. 

It was such a blissful weekend. The time went by slowly and the weather was perfect. I was so happy. And now it gives me a pit in my stomach to look at the pictures, because early the next morning after we got home, I started having a miscarriage. I feel a bit insecure sharing it, but this is my blog and my memories, and it feels weird not to include it here considering it's such a significant part of our lives right now. We are devastated to say the least. When I found out I was pregnant, I was so scared because of everything we went through with my nephew, but we were obviously thrilled to be expecting another baby. On Saturday afternoon at the beach, I was strolling a napping SC while John was playing with C on the playground, and I just felt an overwhelming sense of peace and gratitude. It was such a physical experience that it brought tears to my eyes, and I just started thanking God for every blessing that came to mind. It's painful to think about how I felt in that moment and then how I felt less than 48 hours later. I can remember thanking God for the life of this baby for however long He chose for us to have it. As it turns out, we only had this precious life for a month. Even though we only knew for a few weeks that we were expecting, it's amazing how much planning and dreaming we did in that short amount of time. The due date would have been my nephew's 11 month birthday. For months and months and months, I had thought about how fun it would be to announce a pregnancy in Disney by getting a third set of mouse ears and taking a picture in front of the castle. And then I couldn't believe the timing was actually going to work out! So when we miscarried less than two weeks before our trip, I couldn't even get excited about going. Thankfully the trip was wonderful and proved to be a good distraction, but being back home and back to reality has been hard. We are trusting that God still has a great plan for our family, but the waiting and wondering is hard.

1 comment:

Sarah Denley said...

Oh Mary Louis! I'm so, so sorry. I can't imagine how hard this year has been for your whole family. I'm so not good with words in situations like this, but please know you are in my thoughts and prayers!