The biggest change for her in the last 6 months is that she switched preschools, as I mentioned in my back to school post. She has done so well with the change, and I'm so proud of her. She isn't always happy about going to school, but as soon as she's dressed, she's in a great mood. She's always happy at drop off, and pick up might be my favorite thing ever. When they bring her out for carpool, she is always grinning from ear to ear and practically bouncing with giddiness. She goes Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays which is the same schedule we're used it, and it works well for us.
She can recognize a fair amount of letters and can spell her name {not write it, just say it out loud}. We need to start practicing writing, but I don't have it in me. :) Not sure when they will start working on that at school because I feel like at age 3, Curran was already working on it.
She is taking ballet for the first time and does this on Monday mornings. She loves it and is always excited to go! She's still taking gymnastics and does this on Tuesday afternoons, and Curran has class at the same time, which is so nice. I was used to driving up there twice in one day for their separate classes, and I was over that. We tried soccer this fall, but it didn't go so well. She had a great time at the first game, but then they were off for a few weeks, and she refused to play in the second game. She wouldn't go anywhere near the field. After about 30 minutes of begging her to play, we carried her to the car kicking and screaming. It was not fun, and confirms my beliefs that 3 year olds do not need to play organized team sports. Well my 3 year olds, at least. John really wanted to sign her up, but I'm wishing I stuck to my guns about not signing her up. :) Ya live and ya learn. We didn't even attempt any more games after that. We were out of town for two of them anyway, so there didn't seem to be any point to go to the one game we were actually in town for.
She is pretty outgoing and friendly most of the time. She waves and carries on conversations with complete strangers that crack me up. When we were in Disney world, she made friends with a family from Louisiana on the monorail, and by the time we got back to the resort, she had invited herself to their room. :) She's pretty observant and very blunt, and says things that constantly crack us up. These are some recent examples from Disney World: We were on the elevator with our big double stroller, and a man in a scooter was wanting to get on but couldn't fit, so he just sat at the door staring at us. Once the doors started to close, SC said "Well that was weird," in the most serious, straight-forward
voice. It may not sound funny written out, but it still makes me laugh out loud thinking about. Then late one night we were on the elevator going to our room, and a very young girl got on with us. She was by herself, and was probably too young to be {in my opinion}, and SC looked at her and asked "Where's your mom?" in this incredulous voice. When we were at a restaurant eating, she raised her hand and yelled, "Excuse me, waiter!" She is not shy. :) Even when meeting the characters, she would just pipe up with random comments or facts about herself, whereas Curran will respond to questions but would never initiate or lead the conversation. She loves to start stories like "When I was a little girl, ___" or "When I was born, ___" {said like 'boring'}. She also likes to say things like "When you were a little baby, I would hold you and rock you." " :)
It's hard to see, but she was supposed to be having quiet time one afternoon before we picked up C, and she had "painted" all her nails with markers.
We have really struggled with her sleep this year. Most nights she wakes up and gets in our bed, and it is wearing us out! Thankfully since we got home from Disney she has slept in her bed all night. I can't believe it and hope I didn't just jinx it. She is sleeping upstairs in Curran's room but we haven't officially moved her up there. She still naps in her room a few days a week. On the days she goes to school she doesn't have time to nap, so when I need her to take a nap, it has become a bit of a struggle. But she still really needs one! The flip side is that on the days she doesn't nap, she goes to bed super easily. She still sleeps with a lot of "friends" {loves and stuffed animals}, and when she comes downstairs, whether it's the middle of the night or in the morning, she carries a huge armful of them. Pink Giraffey is her favorite and she has to have it sleep.
Her swimming really took off this summer. Guess all that screaming through lessons paid off.
I put this on Instagram, but she calls me "Mimi" almost exclusively. That's what my nieces and close friends' kids call me, so she started to as well.
A random update, but in her 3 yr post I mentioned we had her glucose checked. Well when she went for her flu shot a few weeks ago, they rechecked it, and while her A1c was a little higher at 5.2, her serum glucose was normal, thank goodness. The doctor wants to continue to monitor it yearly unless symptoms change.
Her absolute favorite thing to do is play dress up. She changes costumes about ten times per day, and most of the time that she what she goes around town in. I really didn't think I was going to be able to get her to where real clothes to school, but thankfully she has. Although she has a strong opinion about what she wears, and I typically lose that battle.
She loves to play card and board games, Go Fish, Candyland, and Monopoly Junior being her favorite right now. She is not competitive and only occasionally gets upset if she loses. She is not super great at playing independently, so I hope that will get better. But I don't feel like Curran was too great at it at this age either.
Our sweet Sallie keeps us laughing and keeps us on our toes! We are so thankful for 3.5 years with this sweet, spunky girl!








1 comment:
Her comments crack me up! Lu is definitely more outgoing than Zayd too, but she pretends to be shy sometimes, ha! Can't wait to read your disney posts and amen that 3 year olds shouldn't be in organized sports! :)
Post a Comment