Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Disney Day 2- Magic Kingdom

Our first park day was at Magic Kingdom! Like I said last time, we plan all our park days strictly based off crowd prediction calendars so we would be at the least crowded park each day.  All the parks opened at 9am this trip, which was really nice compared to our last trip when they all opened at 8am. The girls got up on their own, and we enjoyed a beautiful sunrise as we were getting ready.


The girls ate breakfast in the room {I had packed travel cereal packs, spoons, and the Horizon milk boxes from home that are sold unrefrigerated and just put them in our fridge when we got there}, and John went and got the two of us coffee in our refillable mugs that you get with the dining plan. Then we hopped on the monorail in time to catch the welcome show/rope drop. It is one of our favorite things, and the girls were SO excited to be there! We all were!





Watching the Welcome Show. I was so excited for Sinclair and Becket to see it! We all love it, and there's a good chance there was a tear or two behind those glasses. :) Ha!

My posture is scary but I was trying to keep S from falling over. I thought B and SC were cute in this picture. ;)

I'm like one of the kids, I swear.



Nothing beats walking down a freshly washed Main Street hearing Zipadee Doo Dah play over the speakers. :) The Heys stopped to try to get some pictures while we headed straight to Peter Pan. We were ahead of the Heys, so we were in line for Winnie the Pooh when they got done with Peter Pan. Unfortunately Craig dropped his Magic Band somewhere on the ride, so they spent some time trying to figure that out.


Waiting in the queue for Winnie the Pooh- lots of fun distractions for the kids.



Mad Hatter's Tea Party


We hit the tea cups and the met the Heys at Barnstormer, which we never got to ride last time. It was Sallie's first roller coaster, and she didn't love it. :)
On Barnstormer

Then we rode the Journey of the Little Mermaid and met Ariel in her grotto. 

This ride was closed for refurb when we were there last time, so I was very excited we got to ride it, and it was definitely one of the girls' favorites! We rode it at least 4 times over the course of the week, maybe more.



SC was in some kind of mood, and did not want to pose with Ariel despite the fact that she is one of her favorites. They all got autographs, but nobody but Curran would actually pose with her.




After that we rode Dumbo since we hadn't ridden it yet {the Heys had ridden it while we were on Winnie the Pooh}, and then we tried to meet Merida, but they had closed her line off so she could take a break. We snapped a few pics from her queue, 

and had plans for a few more rides because it was only about 10:50, but blood sugars were dipping and girls were whining, so we decided to eat an early lunch at Pinnochio Village House. That was our first time to eat there, and I thought it was good. John got a flatbread he really liked, I got the chicken parmesan sandwich, and the girls got chicken fingers. Then we headed to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for an 11:30 appt. SC and Sinclair both decided at the last minute they didn't want to do it {and Becket isn't old enough}, so only Curran went through the torture beautification. John and Christopher took Becket and SC to see Dream Along with Mickey, SC's favorite thing at Disney World!


I got tickled looking through our Photo Pass photos because the photographer took a bunch of pictures of John dancing with SC and Becket at Dream Along, and this is not all of them. :)




Meanwhile back at the boutique...



Getting her pixie dust

closing her eyes before the big reveal :)

Perfect little princess!

SC came in to see Curran when she finished. Clearly she was impressed.

After BBB we headed back to Peter Pan for our Fast Passes. During our last trip, the girls wanted to ride it more than once, but we never could because of the wait times. So I made sure we got to ride it at least twice during this trip {ended up riding it three times}. Then we rode It's A Small World, saw Mickey's PhilharMagic {one of our faves!}, and headed to our next Fast Pass at Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. SC was throwing a fit to ride the carousel, so John took her on that while my parents took Curran on Mine Train.



On the carousel with John




Curran loving Mine Train!

Curran and my mom totally crack me up in this picture!


My parents and all the kids got ice cream from Storybook Treats, and then John and I took SC on Mine Train. 
This picture of SC makes me laugh! She was burying her head in my arm. :)


John took Tink on a wild ride. Glad he didn't drop her!

The only part Sallie liked was when we were going through the gem mine and they were signing Heigh-Ho. When we got off the ride she said, "That was NOT good, Mama." :) After that we headed to Frontier Land to get a spot for the Festival of Fantasy parade. It was really hot, so I wanted to try to find a shady spot which I knew we probably couldn't find on Main Street. While we were waiting for the parade, my brother finally made his way to the park. :) 

snacking while waiting on the parade to start



The Philharmonic band opened up the parade.

I know this isn't a good picture, but this was SC's face when the parade started. She was thrilled, to say the least. :)



The girls loved the parade again this time except that SC got a little scared with Maleficent's dragon, and then one of the crows came and stuck his big beak in her face and she cried pretty hard. :(

After Festival of Fantasy, we headed back to Fantasyland for our Fast Passes on Journey of the Little Mermaid {which I had forgotten we had when we rode it earlier in the day, but it didn't matter because they wanted to ride it so much anyway!}. Then we headed to Dumbo again.


After Dumbo we headed to Dream Along with Mickey because Curran and I hadn't seen it yet. 



The girls got some good waves and attention from the princesses again this time and were so excited.


Dancing queen.


After the show, I took Curran to meet Merida. While you are waiting in line, you can shoot a bow and arrow. Curran knew about this ahead of time and was so excited! 


Trying not to smile. :)


C was doing her nervous chatter with Merida, and it was so cute. :)



As soon as we walked away, Curran said, "Mama! She talks in Scotland!" :) So cute!

We went for her 4:50pm meeting {got in line around 4:35 I think}, and SC said she didn't want to meet her, so John took her for a stroll hoping she would take a nap {which she did not}. Well I accidentally left my cell phone in the stroller, so when C and I got done with Merida, I had no way of finding John. So we wandered around for a while looking for them but had no luck finding them. When we walked by Fairy Tale Hall and saw that the wait time to meet Rapunzel and Cinderella was 30 minutes, we decided to hop in line because that was the shortest I'd seen it and since C was wearing a Rapunzel dress, she really wanted a picture with her. The wait was definitely less than 30 minutes, so I was glad we did that. While we were in line I realized that I had the iPad in my backpack, so I tried to text John and Christopher from that to see where they were, but I didn't have good service and it wouldn't go through. 


Twinkies! :)





Afterwards, we were standing around waiting for my texts to go through and I happened to glance up and see Becket and Sinclair's autograph books just sitting on a little wall. Obviously they had been put down by Chris and Craig and forgotten. I was so glad I found them! {Turns out they didn't even realize they had lost them!} Anyway, C and I started wandering again and came across Christopher with her two napping girls. I used her phone to call John who was with SC at the Move It! Shake It! Street Party, so we met them there.






After that was over, we thought we had time to squeeze in maybe one more thing before dinner. We headed to PhilharMagic, but after waiting for a few minutes, we realized we would probably be a tad late for dinner if we stayed to watch it, so we left. We headed to Tony's Town Square for our 6:25 reservations, and Walter met us there. 



We all enjoyed it! SC had been melting prior to that, but she perked right up when she got to eat her favorite food- spaghetti! The park was closing at 7pm for the Halloween party {those are separate tickets, so if you don't have tickets to that event, you have to leave the park when they close at 7:00}. My parents ate at California Grill on top of the Contemporary Resort, and the Heys had reservations at the Crystal Palace, but their girls were still sleeping, so they ended up canceling them and getting room service that night. 


Saying good night to Magic Kingdom.



We watched the band for a little while when we got back to the resort and then put SC to bed. 


John stayed with SC, and Curran, my parents, my brother, and I went outside to watch the fireworks over Magic Kingdom.
Catching part of the electrical water parade before the fireworks. It was a fun way to end a great day!

Next up, Hollywood Studios...

No comments: