Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 2, 2014

Curran's Nutcracker Party

Curran has been asking for a Nutcracker birthday party since she was three, so this was the year to make it happen! I asked Erin to make her invitations, and I thought they were just perfect!

We had her party at Children's Dance Foundation. I wasn't sure what they would do to incorporate the Nutcracker theme because they normally do a Creative Movement type party structure, so I was so pleasantly surprised when after warming up, the teacher read parts of the Nutcracker story and then they acted out one scene at a time. They had a lady playing all the music on the piano, and it was so pretty! I could really tell how much time and thought had gone into the planning, and I was very touched. My only complaint is that all of the parents have to wait outside of the studio {which is fine}, and they can see through a one-way mirrored wall, but there no speakers for them to hear the music, so I felt like they really couldn't enjoy watching the kids. {A few of the us moms were able to be in the room with the kids.} But overall I was so pleased and would definitely have a party there again! And the most important thing was that Curran LOVED it!

My sweet ballerina! I asked my Aunt Mary to make Curran a "Marie nightgown", and it turned out beautifully! Curran loves it!


The decor was kind of all over the place, and I didn't have time to hang up everything I brought with me. Nothing really matched- I started buying random Nutcracker things whenever I saw them on sale this past Christmas.

I put different flavored popcorn in these cups I ordered from Zulily.

I didn't get a good picture of the Nutcracker cupcake stand, but I found it and the ballerina cupcake toppers on Zulily as well.

My sad Charlie Brown tree that broke and had to be held upright with that tape dispenser. :)


Most of the decorations were things from home.


Erin also made the bag toppers for the favors. I ordered the fabric online and made "Emi Jay" type hair ties. Curran wanted to invite her three best boy friends to the party, so they got Nutcracker Christmas ornaments.



Curran with some of her school friends.

The littlest ballerina

SC mid air. :) She had a blast!

Curran and her best friend, Lillian, warming up.









After they were finished dancing, we sang happy birthday. C was acting a little shy. :)


We had so much fun celebrating our sweet 5 year old with a party just perfect for her!




1 comment:

Lora G said...

I love it all! So sweet, so perfect! :)