My dearest girl,
Tomorrow you are FIVE. I simply cannot believe that five years have passed by in a blink of an eye. Five is such a milestone birthday, in my opinion. You are such a big girl now. It is the end of your preschool years, and you are headed to kindergarten in two short weeks. I have had a very hard time with this transition. I have been so blessed to be with you for four days every week of your life, while you have spent only three at school, and this is the first time you will ever be away from me for a full five days every week, and I am so very sad that our weekdays at home together are over. I look back and wonder if I made the most of our time together: did we make enough memories, did we go on enough adventures, did we have enough lazy days at home, did I impart enough wisdom and patience and love in your sweet little self in order for you to be confident and successful and kind in your new environment?
I know that in the big scheme of things, not a whole lot is going to change this next year. It's just the thought of having to get used to a whole new schedule and set of obligations, a whole new group of kids, parents and teachers, and that makes me feel like with each year that passes, I am going to lose a little piece of you to this big world. Each year you will spread your wings a little more, and before I know it, you will be leaving the nest.
But I can't get too far ahead of myself. You are still my baby and we have a TON of wonderful things to look forward to! I am so very proud of the precious girl you are. My proudest moments are when people tell me how sweet you are. I want nothing more for you to be kind to others, always. Don't get me wrong, you still have your fair share of whining and fit throwing, but you do have a very sweet spirit. You are very free with your hugs and "I love you's", and I know people love that about you. You take such good care of your sister and your baby cousin, as well as your younger friends.
Curran, being your mother fulfills me in more ways than I could have ever imagined, and you bring my life so much joy and happiness. I am eternally grateful that God brought you into our lives on July 30, 2009.
Happy birthday, CurryBug! We love you so very much!
Tuesday, July 29, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
This made me tear up! Happy Birthday sweet Curran!
So so sweet, and well said. Can't wait to follow Cur's Kindergarten adventures :)
Post a Comment