She has had a rough week. I'm not sure if it's the move or what, but she has been pretty inconsolable for some reason. She has had a runny nose and some chest congestion, and she may be teething, but I am sure this move has totally thrown her for a loop as well! She was so happy on Sunday {her first full day in the new house}, but started Monday morning she has been a grump! She really has been pretty fussy for the past month or so, and she cries so hard when told no or when she doesn't get her way {I know that is typical- still not fun, though.
{her last morning to wake up in the old house}
She is not quite as easy as C was at this age. She is very demanding {I have no idea where she gets that from} and throws fits constantly, lying face down on the floor when she doesn't get what she wants. She is hitting too {that started a few months ago} when she gets mad, so we always tell her to be sweet. Then she'll start rubbing or patting my arm or chest and saying "beet, beet" {sweet}.
{they love jumping & playing in SC's bed}
Last month she started grabbing her diaper and saying poo-poo when she goes to the bathroom, even if it's just tee-tee. Our babysitter thinks she'll be easy to potty train, but C did the same thing at this age and it still took me a sweet forever to get around to training her.
I'm trying to think of some of her new words. I feel like she is saying so much these days. She now says "yeah" sometimes when asked a question. She says outside {sounds like "died"}, juice, monkey, Mickey {instead of Mihh or Mimmie}, Cooper... She repeats a ton of what we say, so she really says far more than I can remember. She loves to make animal noises: cow, sheep, pig, monkey, lion, cat, horse, dog, and duck.
{I feel like she is always eating. And of note, she had peanut butter for the first time this month. I waited until age 2 with Curran, but C accidentally gave her a peanut butter cracker. She seems to like it.}
She still loves her shoes and gets so mad when we take them off. She LOVES to read! Her favorite books right now are Pouch and any lift flap books by Karen Katz. She does not love getting in bed anymore because she is never ready to put the books down. She loves to dance. She loves to slide and swing. And she is starting to love our dog. She still freaks out around him if she is on the ground, but as long as someone is holding her or they are separated by a window, she goes crazy over him.
I feel like I am forgetting a ton of what I want to say about our sweet Cakers. She is a mess and a half, but we wouldn't change a thing!
Happy 18 months, Sallie Cate!










No comments:
Post a Comment