I hope I can remember everything she has been up to this month. 15 months marked in turn in attitude for our sweet girl, but it hasn't been too bad. She definitely makes it known when she wants something. But she is saying new things all the time, so communication is improving some. Her two favorite new words right now are probably milk and snack {sound like "mih" and "nack"}. She also now says cheese, book {I think she had repeated that one before but she says it all the time on her own now}, bike, hi, car, and I'm sure some other new ones I can't think of.
She has the funniest facial expressions and people comment on those a lot. She can narrow those eyes and scowl at you so fast. Her teachers get tickled by that one a lot. She has a total of {I think} 8 teeth {I forgot to mention her 3 new ones she had in her 15 month post- they were all on the left side of her mouth}. Teething has really seemed to bother her lately. I've had to give her Tylenol or Motrin a few times when she has woken up at night.
It took me 15 months, but I finally started reading books to her this last month, and she is OBSESSED! Her favorites are Goodnight Gorilla and The Three Bears. She requests a book as soon as she wakes up in the morning and from her nap, and we read every night before bed. She goes nuts and gets so excited. It's hilarious.
She is mostly down to one nap a day when we are home {and she's been on one nap at school since May}. When we were at the beach she took two naps, but otherwise she seems to do ok with one. She doesn't nap quite as long now as she did before. Occasionally she will nap longer than two hours but not too often. She still does great going down at night. Only rarely does she fuss when going to bed. She buries her face in one lovey while snuggling a stuffed animal or lovey under each arm and goes right to sleep. :)
She is finally doing better at drop off at school. She still cries some but most mornings, she does ok. It took Curran a lot longer at this age to adjust to the new school year, so I'm glad SC is doing better. She is still getting "clean plate" on all of daily reports. The teachers laugh and say "When food is near, look out! Don't get in Sallie Cate's way!"
We love our baby girl so much! The other day John and I were talking about when we last visited Elizabeth and Brandon in Arizona, and he asked if we were pregnant then. I said yes but that we didn't know what we were having yet. And he replied, "We didn't know we were going to have the sweetest baby ever!" :)
We love you, Cakers! Happy 16 months!!



No comments:
Post a Comment