Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Curran's 4th Birthday Party

We had Curran's birthday party on July 27th. Months ago, she said she only wanted girls at her birthday party, so we came up with a princess theme. Well, really I came up with it. She wanted a "Nutcracker" party but that was after I had already started brainstorming princess ideas, so I convinced her that a ballet party for age 5 was the way to go! :)

This year, I decided I was ready to move on from hosting her birthday parties at my house. July is just so friggin' hot, and the adults are always pretty miz {the kids are fine since her last two parties have been of the water variety}. Well, wouldn't you know, July 27th was the coolest July day on record*. Just my luck. But it sure was nice not to have the stress of hosting. I think John would say that I was much more pleasant to be around that week leading up to the party. :)

*I don't actually have any data to back that statement up.  

We had her party at Storyville Station, a local place that specializes in themed parties. The kids had a BLAST, but the owner was less than ideal to work with. Part of it was me wanting to come in and set the table and decorate my way. I just had a hard time giving up the control. :) And I'm still mad that I didn't get to hang the 'Princess Curran' banner I made, but darn it I will find a use for it!

This was before we left for the party. We gave C a new princess dress and shoes as part of her bday present.


They started the party in the upstairs part of the house. The girls picked out their princess dresses and colored while we waited on all of the guests to get there.






The princess on her throne.

SC wasn't so sure of what to think of everything at first.

I added a few little touches to the table, but nothing elaborate. The wands and crowns were favors for the girls. 



Snow White was there, and she was really good with the kids. Curran loved her! Here she is putting tattoos lovely art on the kids.


SC soon settled right in when she spotted some goldfish on the table.

Right when you walked into the house, they had this picture on a TV screen. :)


C had a wardrobe change- Snow White dress and Cinderella head band.

That guy is the owner who ran the party.

The youngest guest was happy to be there too!

They had a secret slide that you could go down to get to the basement where they danced and played games. The only child who did is was that little girl in the green {a younger sister of one of Curran's friends}. All of the big girls were too scared, and I don't blame them!

This little bit was shoveling those Nerds in her mouth before I even knew what she was doing. They were part of the table decoration {not my decorations}.

The party continued downstairs.



SC and Uncle Robert

They did the limbo.

Love this pic of SC.


She had the best time dancing her little heart out!




I found the pinata at Hobby Lobby months ago and couldn't resist!



hugging a "tree"



Pulling out all her moves.


Trying not to smile.


After all the games and dancing, the party moved back upstairs for "tea" and cupcakes.



I decided to make my own cupcake toppers this year. Not the cutest but they worked.



Happy Birthday!

As soon as she blew the candles out, confetti fell from the ceiling. This was the look on her face:





While they were eating cupcakes, a slideshow of tons of pictures from the party started playing. The kids loved seeing themselves on the big screen, and it was so cute!




We had so much fun celebrating our big FOUR year old!!

1 comment:

Lora G said...

We've been to a couple parties there and that owner guy is definitely a little... Interesting... Looks like she had a great party!!