Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, January 8, 2018

Baby John 14-15 Months Old



Well I am way behind, and this blog is hanging on by a thread. I'm bound and determined not to give up on it although I am quite sure there is only 1-2 people besides me who ever look at it! :) I really want to finish updating my Disney trip from July if I can ever find the time! But I figured I better document a few of this boy's milestones while they are still somewhat fresh.

The past couple of months have been really fun, but we are also entering that toddler phase that is not always pleasant. We have had our fair share on tantrums, and John has even kind of swung his arm at me. I don't think he was trying to hit; he was just frustrated and that was a natural reaction. I kind of wanted to laugh but it made me sad at the same time. Overall he is still a sweet, happy boy, but he is definitely learning how to assert himself and let us know what he wants or doesn't want.


I feel like his speech was really slow to start, but it has exploded over the last two months. His most favorite word is still mama, but he says dada a lot these days too. He loves saying "hot" and knows that the fireplace, coffee, the microwave, the oven etc are all hot. His newest word is vacuum and he says that about 20 times a day. But I think my favorite thing is the way he says Saa or Saa Saa for Sallie Cate. He loves her and says it all the time! He also says Cah Cah sometimes for Curran but not as often. When you give him a cracker or some other food he wants, he says "thank you, thanks!" It's so cute. Most people probably wouldn't understand that's what he's saying. :)



He is still sleeping well at night- 12-12.5 hours most nights and taking two naps a day. He is a great eater if it's something he likes, but he is not very good about trying new things. Reading is probably still his favorite activity. He doesn't have any one toy that he truly loves but will plan with blocks or trains for a few minutes. He really likes pushing buttons, turning switches, etc. He got his first hair cut right before Christmas! It had just gotten kind of mullet-ish in the back and was flying out behind his ears.

We had his 15 month check up last week and I was surprised to hear he had an ear infection. He doesn't run fevers with his, but normally I can still tell. He cried basically through his whole appointment. Normally he does well but he was not having them weigh or measure him or anything else! He weighed 21 lbs 13.6 oz and was 31" tall. Both are 25-50th percentile which tells you nothing. Not sure why they switched to those broader rangers.

This kid is a mess but we love him to pieces!


1 comment:

Emily Ferris said...

I'm still here! :) Cutie pie, John John!