Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 26, 2017

Baby John- 13 Months Old!



John John turned 13 months old on Sunday, and it has been a busy month for sure! I have always said that 13 months is when their personalities start to come out and things get real. At least that was the case with SC and it appears to be the same with John. He was the easiest, most content baby for one whole year, but he has given me a bit of a run for my money this month. He has been moodier and not near as agreeable. He hates the car seats and it is a literal battle to get him buckled. He is much more opinionated about things he does or doesn't want to do. He got diagnosed with his first ear infection at his 12 month check up, and I was never certain that it cleared up. About a week after finishing his antibiotics I took him back to the doctor because he just wasn't acting right. And sure enough, both ears were infected. He doesn't run a fever with them apparently, and he wasn't even tugging on them. But he was just so off, so I'm glad I took him in.

I started weaning him before he turned 1, and nursed him for the last time Monday morning. The morning feeding was the last one I dropped. It was bittersweet for sure, but I think we were both ready. I always thought I would nurse him a few months longer, but John and I are going on a trip out of the country next week, and I am not about to lug my pump with me. So I knew I needed to wean him by then. I have been heating up some cow's milk to give him before bed and in the morning, but I probably won't do that too much longer.

He still eats a lot at meal times, but he has gotten a bit pickier about what he likes. He doesn't eat many vegetables besides beans, and he doesn't like peanut butter like he used to. He still loves some squeeze pouches, so I give him way more of those than I probably should. His 8th tooth popped through this month; I'm ready for some molars to come on in so I can feel better about him chewing food more easily.

He still LOVES to read! It is the cutest thing. He loves his Duck & Goose books, anything by Eric Carle, but mostly Brown Bear, Brown Bear and Polar Bear, Polar Bear. He likes to sing nursery rhymes, especially Baa Baa Black Sheep. He will start it off saying "baa baa baa." Speaking of talking, he really doesn't say much with intent. He babbles all day long, and he can repeat things like Mama, Dada, CurCur, but he doesn't call us that on his own much at all. He said "Uh oh" last week when one of the girls dropped something, and it was so cute. That is really the first word he has said intentionally on his own, and he has continued to say it a lot. He also says "yeah" a lot but sometimes I'm not convinced he means to- it just kind of works out that he uses it in the correct context most of the time. :)

Even though he wears me out hourly, I wouldn't trade this busy boy for anything!





No comments: