Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Baby John- 4 months old


Our sweet boy turned 4 months old on Sunday! I think it's kind of neat that he turned 4 months old on Cousin Becket's 4th birthday and will turn 6 months old on Cousin Sinclair's 6th birthday. :) He has many nicknames: baby John, John John, Brother, Brother Bear, Bubba, and from my parents, BJ (for baby John),  J Baby, and the Judge (my dad started that one because of his furrowed brow).  ;)

We had his 4 month check up yesterday, and he weighed 13 lbs 11oz {15th percentile} and was 24.7" long {25th percentile- but I think he's longer than that. She admitted she didn't get a good measurement. He was laying on the paper crooked}. So he's a little guy but growing right on track.

What do you mean I have to get shots?! {He handled them like a champ.}



I don't feel like a whole lot has changed from his three month update. He was not sleeping great leading up to his 3 month bday, but the next day I put him in the Magic Merlin sleep suit, and he immediately started sleeping so much better. He goes to bed around 7pm and just wakes up once {I'm choosing to believe the last three nights of waking up twice are just a fluke- pretty please!}. He sometimes sleeps from 7pm-5:30am, sometimes he wakes up around 2am to eat and goes back to sleep until 6am, it just depends. I can easily handle getting up one time per night, but if he isn't sleeping through the night at 6 months, I plan on sleeping training him like I did with the girls.

Doesn't look thrilled about the sleep suit, but he does well in it! I could not stop laughing the first time I put him in it!


He is not the best napper. The majority of the time he sleeps 30-40 min and it is so frustrating! Every now and then he will give me a 1-2 hr nap, but it is fairly rare. He does sleep well in the car, so that is good. He is still going back down about an hour after he wakes from each nap. I don't remember when they transition to that 2 nap schedule with a cat nap in the evenings??



He is still nursing every 2-3 hours {usually two when he's taking these short naps}, and we still give him a 4 oz bottle at bedtime every night. I am going to wait to start solid foods until he is 6 months, and I'm thinking about trying baby-led weaning, but I need to read up on it.

Still loving his cart sling for Publix and Target.

He is not quite rolling over but I feel like he is close. We never do tummy time, so he's closer to rolling from back to front. He'll get all the way over on his side but can't quite complete it.



He is so happy almost all the time! He was very serious for his first couple of months, but now he is super smiley and giggles easily! He still loves baths, his play mat, chewing on his fingers {I think teeth are coming soon}, his sisters, but he mostly loves his MAMA and I can't say I hate it. :)

Sorry, Bud, that you never have any personal space.

We had his first snow {mostly ice} this past month!



He is our little traveler having been to the beach 4 times, the Smoky Mountains, Jackson, MS, and now Disney World. :) We are grateful he is so easy going.

We love you to the moon and back, precious one!

No comments: