Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Baby John- 3 Months Old!


Our sweet John is three months old today! He is definitely filling out more and finally starting to move out of the newborn clothes. He wears mostly 0-3 or 3 month things but can still wear a few gowns he's worn since the beginning. He moved into size 2 diapers last week, which actually needed to happen a while ago, but I wanted to use up my size 1's first.

The biggest thing to happen this past month is that we finally got him sleeping in his crib!! Cue the hallelujah chorus. I know tons of people use the rock n play, and we truly loved it! But we had such a hard time breaking him of it that I don't know if I would do it for another baby. With his reflux he really did need it though. When we first transitioned to the crib, we elevated the head of the bed and I also put the mat from his rock n play in there. I know that's not a great idea, but he loved turning his head all the way to the right to snuggle the soft head pad, and every time I tried to put him in the crib without it, he would almost turn completely on his side {while swaddled} to cuddle something. You could tell he just didn't know what to think. But after a few days, I flattened the head of the crib, and when he did well with that I took out the rock n play mat, and he's been in the normal crib set up for almost a week and is doing really well!

Most nights he is still waking up twice. I am SO ready for him to only wake up once {or sleeping through the night would be grand too}. I can tell he's not super hungry and probably shouldn't be waking up twice because he has started to fall asleep when nursing which he has never done. I try to stick the paci in a few times before feeding him, but some nights I am too tired for that and it's just quicker to feed him and be done with it.

I know I've mentioned on here before that he loves music and singing, but in his 2 month post I meant to include this cute moment I don't want to forget. I always sang You Are My Sunshine to Sallie Cate as a baby, and while I was pregnant she started asking me to sing it to her before bed again, and I sang it quite often. And as crazy as this sounds, John totally recognizes it. One time I was rocking him and he was fussing, so I started singing that song. As soon as I did, he froze and looked up at me with a big grin on his face and his paci fell out. :) It was pretty funny. He seems to really like this kids album by Jewel I have on my iTunes. I play that a lot when it's just him and me at home and I have him in the bouncy while I'm working in the kitchen. On a recent road trip, I was sitting in the back by him and he started fussing, so I put my phone by him with Jewel playing and he quit crying and went to sleep.

Another thing I want to jot down so I can remember is how he makes such a contented "ah" noise repeatedly after he's eaten and he's calm and a bit drowsy. It's the sweetest little sound, and it makes me sad that he already doesn't do it as much as he used to.

I feel like his feedings have gotten closer together this past month. He used to be great about almost always having them spaced out three hours, but his naps are shorter most of the time, so he ends up eating two hours apart almost all day. He's also had trouble with his bottles the past week- just acting frustrated and not really wanting to drink them. We tried a Medela bottle again and he actually likes those all of a sudden! Maybe he's ready to move up nipple sizes with the Dr. Brown's. Who knows.

He's still pretty good about going with the flow which is nice, but on Thursdays we have a babysitter who comes to keep him. That way I can get some errands and grocery shopping done, have a dedicated day for appointments or meetings, and drive ballet carpool without toting him all over town. It's so nice for both of us! Our sitter is great and we love her! She keeps Cousin Wilkes on Fridays, so she's been a big help.

As much as I want time to slow down, he's getting into a fun age, and I have to remind myself that as he gets older, we're that much closer to getting more sleep! :)

I was lazy weeks 10 and 11 and he was in pajamas.


Wearing the gown that I wore home from the hospital. Curran, Sinclair, Sallie, and Becket also wore it home.


He's always got someone in his face!

But he does love his sisters!


Just hanging out at SC's gymnastics.



He rode in the "big boy stroller" as opposed to the car seat/snap n go combo today for the first time. Curran had a friend over to play, and he got to go on a little stroll when we walked her home. 


No comments: