He is still doing great in his rock n play in his room. On Halloween night, he gave us our longest stretch yet- 7 hours! It was awesome. The next night he gave us six. Last night wasn't as great, but I think it's because he fell asleep at 4:45 after being on the go all day, and I had to wake him up to do his bedtime routine at 8:45, so I think that threw his night off a little bit. It still wasn't bad though. He is still waking up to eat in the morning between 6 and 6:30 typically {this morning it was 5:30 and he stayed up after that :( }. Most of the time he is up after that early morning feeding, but a couple of times this past week I was able to get him back down for another two hours. He is the smiliest when he first wakes up and when he's on the changing table. My new favorite past time is trying to catch his smiles on camera, which is not easy to do. :)
John John's first Halloween! He wore the little cow outfit that my friend Katharyn gave Curran when she was a baby.
Curran at 3 months
Smiles for mama during a diaper change.
Loves looking out of the window.
He can make some faces! Daddy John likes to call him a grumpy old man, but he's really not. :)
This was the day after Halloween when we cuddled all morning. It was lovely!
I had my 6 week post-partum check and was in the middle of feeding the baby when my doctor came in. He took him for me to give to the nurse to hold, so I had to snap a quick picture. I never thought I would have a male OB, but he is the sweetest and best doctor, and I love him so much! {And I guess John got the teenage memo that the duck face is in?!}
The practice gives all their new babies a gown with their logo and "I am wonderfully made" written underneath. Normally I would put him in something somewhat cute for his weekly photo, but we had just gotten home from the doctor, so I figured it would work for his picture.
He was just talking away this morning. He is just starting to make noises and coo, and will even do a little bit of copy-catting with sticking his tongue out and such. As much as I don't want time to go by too fast, each new milestone is so fun and rewarding!















No comments:
Post a Comment