Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Baby John- 2 Months Old

My sweet boy turned two months old last Tuesday. We had his check up today and he was 11 lbs 9 oz {25th percentile} and 23.5" {60th percentile}.  He had an oral vaccine and two shots and thankfully he tolerated those pretty well.


He has had two awesome nights of sleep this month: 7:00pm-5:30am and 7:30pm-4:30am. Sadly those have not happened again, but I'm hopeful he'll sleep through the night before six months unlike his sisters. But we shall see. Most nights he gets up twice. He usually has two nights a week when he only gets up once, but all the traveling we've done this month has thrown him off a bit and I feel like his sleep hasn't been as great. Naps are hit or miss. Sometimes he'll nap well in his rock n play, but other times he wakes up after 30 minutes and I have to rock him back to sleep and then put him in the swing. I try to be really good about putting him down when he's really drowsy but still awake. Sometimes that works and sometimes it doesn't. He usually goes down for a nap about an hour after eating, so that means he is getting at least 3 naps a day. We usually have to wake him up from his late afternoon/evening nap in order to get him ready for bed. We give him a bottle every night just to make sure he is full and to keep him used to taking them. Most nights he is really easy to put to bed, and goes down between 7:00-8:00pm.

He is still eating every 2-4 hours during the day. He has always had himself on a good schedule, but this month there were a few times he didn't quite make it to two hours between feedings. That was a first for him.

He has also gotten a little fussier in the car lately. Not super fun. He absolutely hates it when the car isn't moving, so if we didn't have red lights, we would be in good shape! :) He still likes looking out the window and at anything on the ceiling. He is smiliest on the changing table and first thing in the morning. He really likes his baths, although we don't give him one as much as we should. Third kid probs.

I broke out my real camera last week because besides in the hospital, I haven't used it at all! I haven't put him on his play mat much, but he is happy on there for short periods.



He did a few minutes of tummy time but quickly got tired. ;)



Catching a few zzz's with daddy. That pink Woombie was SC's and that's what he sleeps in every night. For naps I swaddle him in a regular blanket because he hates the Woombie unless he's good and tired. And he can get out of a blanket easily so I don't like it for long periods of sleep because it gets up around his face and makes me nervous.

I put him in the bouncy seat in the mornings while I'm fixing breakfast and packing lunches for the girls. Sallie always likes to make sure he has a toy to snuggle with. :)

Smiling at his big sis, Sal


Sweet thing at his buddy Dev's baptism


SC loves to "read" books {that she has memorized} to him. <3 p="">
Wilkes has this bouncer and LOVES it, and they had a great deal on Black Friday on Amazon, so I got one for J. It came tonight and he loved it. All my pics are blurry because he was kicking and bouncing up a storm!


Happy two months, my sweet boy! We are loving every second with you!

No comments: