Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2016

October Disney Trip- Last Day

Friday was our last day at Disney World. :(
We woke up to another pretty sunset and started getting ready for the day.

We had an 8:40 breakfast reservation at 1900 Park Fare. This was our favorite breakfast last time, and we were looking forward to eating there again.
Walter didn't join us, but the rest of us grabbed a group picture before sitting down.

We loved seeing Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, the Mad Hatter, Winnie the Pooh and Tigger!










After breakfast we headed upstairs to the gift shop to let the girls pick out their souvenir, and then we headed back to our rooms to pack up. We made a pit stop in my parents' room to "trick or treat" because they had some Halloween happies for the girls. We said our goodbyes because their flight left several hours before ours, so they were headed to catch the Magical Express.

The dads took the girls to the pool while Christopher, Walter, and I rushed to get us all packed up so we could check out by 11:00. We asked for a later check out time, but they weren't able to give us one.


A bellhop came to pick us and our bags up on a golf cart, and we then went to check in for our flights {such a nice perk of Disney resorts- they printed our boarding passes and went ahead and took all our luggage to the airport}. We walked to the pool and sat with the daddies while the girls swam. We ate lunch at the pool, and then got the girls changed and headed to catch the Magical Express at 1:50. As we were walking away from the pool, I heard a little girl crying who sounded exactly like SC. I said as much to my sister who reassured me that SC was in the double stroller with Craig and Becket. {Sinclair and Curran were riding in our stroller and Craig was ahead of us.} I kept saying how that sounded just like SC and even stopped for a minute, but Chris swore she was with Craig. Once we reached the lobby, I was still fretting {don't ask me why I hadn't turned around yet}, so Chris said she would run ahead to double check with Craig. Well seconds later she came running back saying Craig did NOT have SC like she thought. So I turned and ran as fast as I could back to the pool. Poor SC was standing there crying while some employee tried to comfort her. A maintenance guy {or something similar} was standing at the gate and had called security. As I ran in to get her, he was saying to me "You left your child at the pool! Why would you leave her here?" I tried to tell him it was a mistake as I ran to her. Then another lady who was laying out at the pool said "She's been standing here crying for you!" PEOPLE- it was a friggin' mistake! And I have never wanted to punch total strangers while simultaneously sobbing with my toddler more than in that moment. As I walked out carrying SC, the maintenance STILL kept saying "Why you leave her at the pool? " And to SC, "Is this lady your mommy?" omg. It took me forever to settle down. Next time I will go with my mother's instinct immediately. HOWEVER, to all of the adults' credit, we eventually found out that SC was hiding behind a trashcan when we were leaving {she told us that}, so none of us saw her. She'll probably never let us live it down, because just a couple of days ago, she randomly said "Why'd you leave me at the pool?" Mercy.

Walt's flight was supposed to be around the same time as ours, but it got moved later, so he had to stick around until 3:00 by himself. Hated that. We said our goodbyes to him and boarded the ol' Magical Express. SC and Becket both ended up falling asleep in route to the airport, and B stayed asleep until it was almost time to board.

We were all so sad to leave. It was such a wonderful week spent making memories with our families, and I am so grateful for my parents' generosity. I know the girls will hold these special memories for a long time! After we were home, Curran was talking about the trip, and she paused for a few seconds and then said, "When I'm a grown-up, I'm going to take my children and grandchildren to Disney World." I could tell she really understood that it meant something for us to have gotten to do that. My mom said that was the best thank you they could've gotten. :) We are so grateful for this trip of a lifetime!

1 comment:

Lora G said...

Okay, first Curran saying she was going to take her children and grandchildren when she grew up seriously gave me goosebumps, so sweet! Second, Disney people of all people should know these things happen, geez people!