Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Happy 6th Birthday, Curran!

My sweet Curran, 

Today at 2:29p.m. you turned six years old! I am not too good at this blogging gig anymore, but I couldn't let the day end without writing you a birthday letter. I think your fifth year was my favorite one yet. You have turned into such a precious little girl. The most common thing people tell me {your teachers, coaches, etc} is how sweet you are. That makes me so proud. You are many other things as well, but I love that "sweet" is the adjective most often used for you. We have had some moments this past week where I have seen some not so fun behaviors emerge, and I'm hoping it's not indicative of your six year old self and more that it's the end of the summer and you are just getting a tad board with me. :)

You tried lots of new things this past year, and although we still need to work on your attitude when you struggle to do something well right off the bat, I am proud of you for putting yourself out there with few complaints. You may not be the best at everything you do, but you are very good at listening and following directions.

You tell me that you have many "BFF's," but you sister, cousins, and Lillian still top the list. I am so thankful for your continued friendship with Lillian despite being at different schools this past year. There is nothing cuter than when you two see each other after some time apart. 

You still absolutely love ballet. You have been dancing around the house a ton lately, and this week you have said several times, "I just can't stop dancing. I love it so much!" :) I hope it's something that you will continue to enjoy. You are already counting down to Nutcracker tryouts. 

You love to color and make people cards. You love to play board games and card games and are finally getting to a point when you can be happy for Sallie Cate if she beats you. :) You absolutely LOVE babies, especially Mary Revel. We joke that you could be left alone to babysit her. {But you don't think we're joking. You would love it! :) } 

Curran, when you made Daddy and me parents six years ago, there was no way we could've imagined the joy ahead. You love like none other, and we are so happy you're ours!

Happy day, sweet girl! We love you!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Happiest of birthdays to "our first baby." Oh how we have loved watching you grow up, Cur Cur. You are the sweetest, best-mannered, big-hearted little girl. Nora talks about Cur Cur all the time and always wants to know if you are coming to play. And Mary Revel adores you. Your mama may be joking about the babysitting, but I think MR would be up for it anytime! Thank you for being such a good example to both of my girls. The Escalonas love you lots!