We really enjoyed the breakfast! We thought the food was good {best coffee we had the whole trip}, the homemade mango-passion fruit juice was delicious, and we liked the omelet station. And the girls were SO excited to meet Mary Poppins and Alice {and to see Winnie and Tigger again}!
SC had a little mishap with the juice right as the characters were getting to our table.
MP made sure our girls always use their best manners! :)
Ignore the photobomb by Grumpy Girl and Mom who were clearly getting impatient.
Alice was super sweet!
SC let the Mad Hatter sign her book but as soon as he was ready to pose for a photo she jumped into my lap. Can't say I blame her!
He was definitely odd {as his character should be}. And of course neither of my girls really knew who he was. :)
After breakfast, we took the bus from the Grand Floridian to Downtown Disney {soon to be renamed Disney Springs} for the girls to pick out their souvenirs. I got myself a Christmas ornament {because I collect ornaments from all of our vacation spots} and a Mickey pancake mold. Curran picked a Beauty and the Beast play set that has little dolls and clothes you can change. All she really plays with at home are little princess dolls and accessories, so she picked the perfect thing for herself. She has played with it nonstop since we've been home. And it only has 26,000 tiny pieces. Sallie Cate picked Ariel's two-piece mermaid outfit. I tried to get her to go with Ariel's ball gown but no such luck. :) She has loved it and worn it almost every day.
Sallie Cate wanted to pose with the statues again, and this time Curran joined her!
There was a high school orchestra playing some Disney songs in the amphitheater, and it was really pretty, so we stayed to listen a bit. Then we took the riverboat back to our resort. We spent the rest of the day at the pool, and it was so much fun! John had to do some work so he stayed in the room for a bit and we tag teamed pool duties. The girls had lots of fun going back and forth between the big pool and the hot tub.
John and I enjoyed some dranks and even Curran indulged {virgin, of course}.
I wasn't going to make SC nap since I knew we would probably go to bed early, but Sister just couldn't resist one last stroller nap. She was sitting up eating a snack and the next thing I knew she was handing me the baggie and laid down and went right to sleep. :) So I strolled around the resort a little and then ended up back by the pool and just sat with her while she slept.
We ate dinner at in our resort's food court- that was the first time we had eaten a meal at our property. They are apparently known for having good beignets but we didn't get to try any. And the whole trip we had seen people carrying around these reusable Disney tumblers, and the girl checking us out at dinner that night said, "Oh yeah, you were supposed to get these when you checked in and you get free drink refills your whole stay." Great, thanks. We will get to use them all of one time! :) We really didn't care, but it was kind of funny. After dinner I did a last load of laundry and John took the girls to play on the playground, and we got the girls in bed fairly early since we had to be ready to catch the shuttle at our hotel at 6 am! The flight home was mostly uneventful until Curran threw up right after we landed {while we were still on the plane}. UGH! I felt SO bad for her! Still not sure if it was motion sickness or a tummy bug, but it was very short lived and thankfully neither John nor I ever got sick.
The girls were very sad to leave WDW {like lots of tears that morning} and I can't say I blamed them. We truly had the best vacation and made memories that will last a lifetime, at least for John and me. It is rare that we can escape the real world and just have good quality time with each other. At one point during the trip Curran said, "Mama, you're acting weird. Kinda like a baby?" {She couldn't figure out how to describe how I was acting.} Guess she's not used to me being cheerful and upbeat for 6 days straight! Haha! This trip lived up to all of my expectations, and I feel so thankful we were able to go! I can't wait until next time!







3 comments:
Thank you so much for sharing all about your trip! I'll definitley be referring back to it when I plan a return for us. And just to make you feel better, we got our mugs at check in and never used them. They were only good for coffee (which would have been nice except we were mostly too on the go to drink it) and soft drinks. We don't give the kids soft drinks and we were told we couldn't use them for juice or milk so they weren't something we saw as much of a perk. Congrats again on a successful trip!
We really don't drink many soft drinks either, and the kids certainly don't, so we really didn't care. Now the coffee on the other hand...if we hadn't been making a mad dash to the bus each morning and actually had time to drink some, I would be really mad about that!! haha!
Super jealous yall got to see MP! Lulu would have loved that. And, I'm just going to say it, you got the vomit that I have anxiety over almost daily and especially when we go on trips (I fear vomit like Kat fears bugs ;))
Post a Comment