Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Disney Day 5: Hollywood Studios

Despite being up all night with a sick child, I figured we better forge ahead with our plans for Hollywood Studios. John stayed at the hotel with SC, who was back asleep by the time we left, and Curran and I headed to HS for breakfast with the Disney Junior characters at Hollywood & Vine.
We stopped for a quick photo at the entrance.

I was SO sad Sallie Cate was missing it because she loves Sofia and Doc, but I had to keep reminding myself that she didn't know what she was missing. And we got all of the characters to sign SC's autograph book. It was lonely without SC and John, but Curran had a good time! It wasn't crowded at all, and most of the characters came to our table two or three times.
Doc McStuffins!



They got some big ol' noggins.

Sofia!

Jake!


Handy Manny- Curran spent almost the whole breakfast trying to convince me it was really Handy "Mandy" :)

Doc again for the second or third time. :)

A funny I want to remember that won't be funny to anyone else- when SC is excited, she screams and points and is just all kinds of loud and enthusiastic. When Curran is excited, she just talks. A lot. And most is nonsense. I mentioned to her that it was funny that Handy Manny's costume had that big pencil over his ear, and Curran said "Yeah, I used to wear my pencil like that all the time when I was four." So random and so not true {obviously}. But I could tell she was excited and just didn't know what to say or do. :)

After breakfast, we had some time to kill before the first show we wanted to see, so we went to the Muppet 3D show. It was fine and we only did it to kill time, but I honestly didn't pay too much attention because I was texting John to check on SC. 

After it was over, we walked around a bit trying to find Cinderella's carriage {from the new movie coming out in March} that is on display there. We finally found it, but the line was too long for pictures, so I made C stand on the street corner to pose. :) Not a great shot, but oh well. 




There was still hardly anyone in the park at this point, so we walked the long way over to where all the stage shows are and really enjoyed looking around at everything. Everything seemed so nice and clean. It was just so pleasant and quiet, and I really loved that time with Curran. We got to the Beauty and the Beast show early and went on in and got seats. During this time, John texted me that he and SC made it to the park! I was so excited that SC was up for getting out because she had told him earlier she just wanted to stay in bed. They got to Beauty and the Beast right before it started.
Still not her usual self and she wasn't letting go of that Sprite.

We had a Fast Pass for Voyage of the Little Mermaid at 9:30, but I had already moved it later in the day hoping SC could make it. We ended up going to the 11:15 {I think} show without a Fast Pass, so I was very glad SC got to see it in person since she loves watching it on YouTube! She still wasn't very spunky, but I do think she enjoyed it. Then we had a Mickey pretzel for a snack and sat and on a bench enjoying the sunshine.

Feeling better after seeing her bud, Ariel. And this was her getting excited just looking at the sign for Voyage of the Little Mermaid.


We had a 11:50-12:50 Fast Pass for Toy Story Mania, so it was around 12:15 when we got there. The Fast Pass line was at least 20 minutes, so I was pretty annoyed about that! The standby line was 155 minutes! We finally got on the ride, and I felt so bad because I had no idea it jerked around so much. I was very worried about SC getting sick again, but she did ok. We thought the ride was fun, but I would never wait longer than 20 minutes to ride it!

SC fell asleep in the stroller as soon as we finished the ride, so we headed to Pizza Planet for lunch, which was super crowded and not anything great. We had to be at our Frozen Singalong Fast Pass by 1:30, so we had to rush to eat and make it there on time. I was so sad SC would be missing it. John stayed with her while I took Curran. I had watched it on YouTube and wasn't sure it was worth going because it's basically just clips from the movie with two "townspeople" narrating, but I'm so glad we did! I thought it was really cute and funny, and C loved it! And let's be honest, who doesn't secretly love singing Let It Go at the top of her lungs? :)
Mesmerized at Frozen.





HS was getting hot and more crowded at this point, so we decided to go back to our hotel. I would have loved to spend more time there and there was lots we didn't get to do, but we checked the big things off our list there, and I was fine with that. We ended up having to wait forever on a bus, and that was frustrating. Of course SC had to use the potty after we had been waiting in line for the bus for a while, so I ran back inside with her. The bus was there when we got back, so I was thankful we didn't miss it. 

We had to get a family pic on our way out.



Since SC had already napped, I took her on a walk around the hotel {and we also had to do some more laundry because of her getting sick} while Curran napped in the room with John. After she woke up, we took a bus to MK. I didn't think we would be able to ride any rides, but the girls wanted to see Dream Along with Mickey one last time {our 3rd time}, and I wanted to get them some monogrammed mouse ears. So we got to the park a little before 5:00 and got a good spot right in front of the castle to watch the 5:15 show. 
We stopped for a castle photo on our way to see Dream Along with Mickey


Excited to see her favorite show


Waving to her pal, Snow White

After it was over, we decided to eat an early dinner at Casey's Corner on Main Street, and the Move It! Shake It! Dance Party started while we were sitting outside eating, so the girls had fun watching that.  SC was feeling a bit better but still had not eaten anything all day, so we knew it would be an early night. 

After dinner we walked to The Chapeau so I could get their mouse ears. While those were being embroidered, we got on the train at Main Street and rode around the park. The girls thought that was neat, but SC had started to get sleepy and was lying on my chest, so we knew it was time to call it a night {before 7:oo!}.

A shot from the train

The monorail passing by

When we got off the train, we picked up their mouse ears. The girls were really excited about them! I really wanted a picture of them in their ears in front of the castle, but SC was not feeling up to it. So Curran posed holding hers. :)



They were starting to clear off the streets to get ready for the next parade, but we found a Photo Pass person to take a picture of us really quickly. SC still wouldn't wear her ears, but we did get a little smile out of her. 
Goodbye, Magic Kingdom!


We got out of there before the parade started, and I was definitely getting choked up as we were leaving. Even though we didn't do much, it was so nice to have a low key night on Main Street, and it was just the perfect way to end our trip! I was really sad it was coming to a close. SC fell asleep in the stroller, and Curran fell asleep as soon as we got back to the room. As sad as I was to leave MK, it was actually nice to have an early night. SC slept over 12 hours and Curran slept for about 11! They definitely needed it!

No comments: