She is talking so much more these days; still not as much as Curran did at this age though. She is saying more short phrases, like "I don't know," "Here it is," "Night night, Mama," etc. She has finally starting saying "yep" in response to some questions as opposed to saying "no" to every single thing we ask her. I forgot to include this last month, but she can count. It is so cute. She can count to 12. She doesn't always hit every number, and sometimes we alternate {I'll say one, she says two and so on}, but I was so impressed the first time I heard her do it because I had no idea she knew any numbers!
She loves to dance {"danchish" in her little lisp-y voice :) } and sing songs. She knows some of the words to Jesus Loves Me, This Little Light of Mine, Twinkle Twinkle, Baa Baa Black Sheep, and Row Your Boat. I'm sure I am forgetting some but those are her favorites to sing. She requests to rock every night so we can sing our songs, and she always requests just one more when we are done. I love watching John read to her before bed, because as opposed to sitting in her rocker, he lies on the floor, so Sallie Cate lies down right next to him and props herself up on her elbows. It's really cute. She is attached to two monkey stuffed animal/lovey things in her bed. She has also gotten a lot better about letting go of her paci when it's time to get out of the bed.
At school she is now drinking out of a big girl cup instead of her sippy cup. I told her teachers that I hoped they didn't expect me to enforce that at home. :) Her teachers have also started calling her Sallie Cakers or Cakers now too. :) Her teachers say her buddies at school are Keller and Mary Mason {that's for my own memory later on}.
I don't feel like she is eating as well as she used to {as far as variety goes}, but she is doing really well using a spoon and fork these days. She is always the one to remind us to say the blessing before meals. She clasps her little hands together until someone says it, and if someone isn't at the table when it is first said, she will fold her hands together again once everyone is seated. She even likes to pray before snacks, out getting ice cream, etc.
Happy 20 months, Cakers! {Sorry I don't have too many pictures of you from this past month :( }







1 comment:
That picture of them in the blue dresses reminds me of Zayd and Lu, him all over her, and her pushing him away (slightly) :)
Post a Comment