And just a warning: this post is all over the place and mostly pretty random. It's all I got!
Oh, my little CurryBug...where to start. She is such a big girl these days. I referred to her as a toddler on Instagram a couple of months ago, and then later realized that she is not a toddler at all and hasn't been for some time. She is going to be 4 in just four short months! That's so hard for me to believe!
Right now she is still into all things ballet and the Nutcracker. I would say her obsession has waned some, but she still loves it. She has so much of the choreography from The Nutcracker memorized. It is so funny to watch her imitate it. She runs to the side of the living room every time a scene ends and waits to re-enter "the stage" until the next scene begins and then performs her little heart out. One of my friends said that she saw Curran "execute a perfect arabesque" at school one day. I wouldn't even know what an arabesque was if it wasn't for Angelina Ballerina. I feel like I spend half my life starting and stopping her videos while she gets her props ready because she likes to imitate/act out whatever she is watching, including her new favorite- Charlotte's web.
{she loves to paint and would do it every day if I let her}
Speaking of Charlotte's Web, I rented for C for the first time a few weeks ago. After it was over, I asked her what she thought of it, and she said "I miss Charlotte" and immediately burst into tears. We could not calm her down for over an hour. It didn't help that it was her bedtime so was exhausted, but still. She was SO upset. Curran is has always been so sensitive and feels things so deeply, but now she's at the age where she asks a lot of tough questions and really lets things get to her. She randomly say things like "I don't want you to die." She asks lots of questions about heaven and how we'll get there. I try my best to comfort and reassure her when she gets upset about such grown up worries.
{she loves putting on Sinclair's bride outfit whenever we are at their house}
She sleeps with a gazillion stuffed animals and lovies, and she calls them her "kids" or her "children". She has to get them all situated before she will lie down and go to sleep. We normally don't battle over her clothes, but she is very particular about her pajamas and pretty much only wants to wear nightgowns. One night when we were brushing her teeth she said, "I think all my kids will love my nightgown!" I asked her which kids. "My sleepin' kids." Other times when she's stalling her naps she will whine "But I need all my CHILDREN! I have to situate my children!" Speaking of naps, she is doing MUCH better with them than when I did her 3 year update. She pretty much always takes one these days and it's not too much of a battle. She does skip one every now and then but it's not for lack of trying on my part. It's usually because we were out running errands or something and missed the window. Then she fights it for 1+ hours until I give up.
She has so much hanging out with her best friends, and they get along so well most of the time. This was them at one of their classmate's birthday party at the zoo. They were going to town on the drums.
And here are the 3 girls swinging at the park last weekend. They were giggling so much and it made my heart happy. Until they started trying to out-do one another with potty talk and silly name calling. :)
This is what I find them doing a lot now that SC is in a big girl car seat. One day Curran and I were running errands by ourselves, and she said from the back seat, "I miss Sallie Cake. She's gonna be my best friend forever." I'm going to remind her of that when they're pulling each other's hair out in a few years.
She also loves her cousins to pieces and is especially sweet to her newest baby. She just wants to love on her all the time.
One time we were driving and she asked me why I loved her. I said, "Because you are my baby, and I am so thankful that God gave you to me." She replied, "Awww, you're welcome, Mama...God says you're welcome." Then that went into a conversation about how God can hear us all the time. A few minutes of silence went by and all of a sudden from the back seat I heard her yell, "GOD?! ....I can't hear him."
{she loves this puzzle "moo da tutu" - really called Moo in a Tutu- and can do almost the whole thing by herself}
*good grief, I just read this after I posted it, and it's FULL of typos! I'm too lazy to go back and fix it though.
















2 comments:
This post had me laughing out loud and I was surprised by how much of this I didn't know. I love my sweet C bug so very much,
Such a cute and funny little C-bug!
Post a Comment