This year we stayed at Dunleith. The grounds weren't as pretty as Monmouth {where we stayed last year}, but the rooms were nicer and we loved it! On Sunday when we left, C kept saying, "I'm really gonna miss the hotel," in the saddest little voice. :)
This was the view from back of the house. We stayed in the detached part on the left {above the coke machine}. Children weren't allowed in the main house. :) But we loved our room! It had a 2nd story loft where SC and I slept. My only complaint was that it was 1000 degrees warmer in the loft, so we had to turn the AC on even though it was cold at night.
The spiral staircase went up to the loft. It made me a little nervous with C, so we had to establish some ground rules as soon as we got there.
And right after we got there, I spotted this picture hanging on the wall upstairs in our room.
That's my Granddaddy!!! {my dad's dad}
{I cropped the rest of the pic out. This was from a Pilgrimage many years ago- the early 30's, I think.}
John, the girls and I got down there Friday afternoon, so C and I explored while we waited on my parents and sister to get there.
She found this rock with a snail on it and wanted to carry it around. Wonder if she's going to be a bug lover?
The grounds were also covered in pecan trees, so I taught C had to crack and eat them. John was horrified. He's such a city boy. :)
Such a lady.
Friday night we enjoyed the B&B's happy hour, and C loved the piano man who played some Christmas songs for her.
On Saturday I spent most of the morning at the hotel while SC napped, so John took C into town. Then we joined up with them for shopping and lunch.
Darby's fudge- my favorite!
While SC napped that afternoon, C and I had the best time walking around the plantation. My mom, Craig, and Sinclair joined us for a while too.
eating more pecans
looking for "Cinderella's carriage" in the old Carriage House
Waiting on the steps for her carriage to come pick her up. :)
{Didn't even realize that's what those steps were used for back in the day until my mom told me.}
such a girl dad
That night C thought she had died and gone to heaven when she took a bath in the jetted tub.
BTW that breaks my cardinal rule of not using hotel tubs, but it was clean and the child was dirty. Whatcha gonna do?
This is breaking cardinal rule #2: don't let kids play on hotel room floors.
On Sunday we went to church and then had lunch before leaving town. We tried to get a pic of the cousins after lunch, but we all know how that goes.
And family pics are the same. My mom took this one and she is old school- she still thinks pictures are on film and doesn't know to check the screen to make sure the picture turned out ok.
Hard to believe that {if we go again next year}, we'll have four kiddos with us! Not sure it can get much wilder than it was this year. And I'm really not sure if we'll be invited back to the hotel/any restaurant we went to/basically anywhere else in town if they hear we have 4 under 4.















1 comment:
This post (and last year's!) has me dying to go to Natchez at Christmas time! Love!
Post a Comment