Pages

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Christmas 2017

I am dying to get our Disneyland posts done, so I figured I would back it up a little to Christmas time. In October {well maybe sooner actually, but that's when I got it booked} I started begging John to let us go to Disneyland. He was so not on board, but I really wanted that to be the girls' Christmas present. So he finally relented. I got our room booked and got sitters lined up for baby John. It made me so sad to think about leaving him behind, but I knew the flights would be much easier without him.

I believe I have mentioned before that I am just so much more about giving experiences as gifts as opposed to toys or other items, and this goes for my nieces and nephews too. If I do give an item, it will usually be something that is keepsake or practical. I could not think of a thing to get the girls for Christmas this year, and they weren't asking for anything, so a trip seemed like the perfect gift! Plus with me being able to book Disneyland trips for people, I really wanted/needed to experience it first hand. And it worked out that the closer we got to Christmas, SC started saying she wanted a trip to Disney World. :) C never could decide what she wanted, but I knew they would both be thrilled. They knew what Disneyland was but thought we were years away from actually being able to go. So I could not WAIT for Christmas to get here so we could reveal the big surprise.

I typed up a little note like I did last year and got the Disneyland train set to go with it. I thought that would give them a "toy" to play with on Christmas day and was something that we can put around the bottom of our tree each year. They also got a few outfits & pajamas, Disneyland autograph books, and each got a Disney-related book and a few other books. I also got a Disneyland guide for us.


John got some slippers, some books, and a little wooden block train. At the last minute I got that rocket ship from Michael's because I thought it would be something fun for the girls to color and he could play in it.

Waiting to see what Santa brought!

Reading the note.

It said:

Your Christmas gift last year was such a big hit
That I had to think really hard in order to top it.
But I think Ive come up with just the thing
The perfect gift that I could bring.
How about a trip out West?
To the place that Walt Disney loved the best!
Get your bags packed; youre California-bound!
To Disneyland you go, the happiest place around!

They were SO excited! Curran tearfully turned to Sallie Cate and said, "We're going to Disneyland!!" It was so sweet and I'm glad we got it on video. SC nonchalantly said, "I know. That's what I asked Santa for." :) But she was really thrilled too! 



My parents gave John this little wagon, and he loves it! He climbed right in it. :)

The girls got some walkie talkies from Aunt Camille and Uncle Charlie, and they were a BIG hit!

We loved having my parents with us this year!



They could not have cared less about the train set. They have since opened it and have loved playing with it, but they did not miss a beat not having toys on Christmas day. They spent a lot of time coloring that rocket ship and played with the toy my parents gave them to share {a winter sleigh and accessories for their dolls} and the walkie talkies. It just further enforces my beliefs in experiences>toys. The girls get it, and I am so thankful! Good thing because they are getting another trip for Christmas 2018. :)

1 comment:

Emily Ferris said...

Love experiences > toys!! So curious about Christmas 2018! :)