Our sweet boy turned 1 this past Friday! I can hardly believe a whole year has gone by since he was born. We worked hard to get this little guy here, and his delivery was one of the scariest moments of my life, so we are extra grateful for the gift that he is to us! We go for his one year check up this Friday, so I'm not sure of his stats, but I know he is still small. He wears mostly 9 month clothes with some 6 mo and 12 mo things thrown in there. He is in a size 3 diaper but I just bought some 4's.
His biggest milestone this month is that he started walking! He is still unsteady but walks the majority of the time. He does still do his bear crawl some too, and he is super speedy with that method. He has 7 teeth {4 top, 3 bottom} and drools like a faucet. He is obsessed with me brushing me teeth! He will come crawling or walking towards me as fast as he can with the biggest grin when he sees me brushing my teeth. It's so funny. I need to get him a toothbrush! :)
He doesn't say too many words yet. He says mama, CurCur {sounds like CahCah}, dada, yeah, and sometimes hey. But none of those are super consistent. He signs "more" and "all done." He nods his head yes, which is pretty much the cutest, and sometimes shakes his head no but not often.
He still loves climbing the stairs, but we are still working on how to come down backwards. He's also obsessed with all things I would rather him not be: shoes, toilets, electrical cords, outlets, and my phone! He gets seriously ticked when I take it away from him.
He still loves to eat. People are always surprised by how much he eats- he can seriously put some food away. But he doesn't love everything. Vegetables are hit or miss, and he doesn't seem to like avocado anymore. He loves blueberries, strawberries, grapes, yogurt, any type of bread (he eats cinnamon raisin bread most mornings for breakfast), grilled cheese, quesadillas, and still loves baby food in squeeze pouches. I recently introduced peanut butter, and he LOVES a PB sandwich!
I am still nursing him in the morning and before bed. I started weaning him a couple of weeks ago and gradually dropped his day time feedings and replaced them with cow's milk, which he thankfully loves. He used up the last of my frozen milk last night because we had a babysitter. I am so glad to be done with that pump, but it's still bittersweet to have this chapter ending. I guess I will continue to nurse him morning and night for the next month or so. We shall see.
For his birthday last Friday, I had Bham Lawn Party come put signs in our yard. I knew he wouldn't have a clue what was going on, but I figured the girls would love them.
Curran said it was embarrassing, so I told her that I was glad to know she felt that way so I wouldn't have to get them for her. She then backtracked and said that she liked them and of course wanted them as well. :)
It didn't even dawn on me before his birthday that I needed to have a special breakfast. I felt kinda bad, but he was happy with his bread. :)
We went to school to have lunch with the girls so they could spend some time with him on his birthday. SC has lunch at 10:45, so we ate with her first {I forgot to take a pic}, ran an errand, and then went back at 12:25 to have lunch with Curran. Big John joined us for that lunch, so that was nice.
The rest of the big day was pretty uneventful. Nana and Pop arrived that afternoon and sat with him while he napped so I could run two last minute party errands. And the girls were doing a cheer clinic at the high school that evening, so John, John, the grandparents and I went to eat. Then I took the birthday boy home for bed while everyone else went to see the girls at the football game.
I really wish time did not go by so quickly! I truly cherished every moment of this boy's first year. That's not to say there weren't hard moments, but my perspective has changed so much over the years. I am well aware of how fast these years are flying and am hesitant to wish them away. We love you so much, John John! Happy 1st birthday!



1 comment:
Sweet boy! Happy Birthday, John John!
Post a Comment