My sweet John John is 8 months old today! Since I just wrote his last update, I feel like I don't have too much to say. He has gotten very active and busy this month, not being content to just lie or sit around. It's been harder to keep him happy at places like SC's gymnastics class where I have to hold him the whole time. I miss the days when he would nap in the Ergo while we were there. He still will nap in the Ergo, but since he is taking good naps at home, the need for that is few and far between. He is sleeping through the night, although every now and then he wakes up and fusses for a minute or two. I don't go in there and he usually settles back down quickly. He sometimes still takes 3 naps but just within the last few days, he is starting to phase that out. I'm going to have to adjust his nap times because if he wakes up at 1 or 2:00 from his second nap, he can hardly make it to bedtime without melting. He is still nursing about every 3-4 hours and takes a bottle of pumped milk before bed, usually 4-5 oz, sometimes more or less depending on what time he nursed last. He still just has his two bottom teeth and loves to chew on anything and everything. He is now getting up on his knees and rocking back and forth, so close to crawling! He can scoot on his belly to get what he wants. I think he will be actually crawling any day now.
Yesterday I left him playing in his room and went to the kitchen for 1 or 2 minutes, and when I came back he was no where to be found. I started calling his name frantically {like he could answer me} and then got done on the ground and spotted him under his crib! Of course once I realized he was fine, I had to grab the camera. :)
He doesn't look happy here, but Brother loves meal time. He does NOT like waiting on food to hit his tray. We are still offering both purees and table food. He will eat anything, but certainly doesn't love everything, and a lot still ends on in his bib or on the floor {see picture above}. These days I mainly give him baked sweet potatoes strips and small pieces, bananas, whatever fruit we have on hand like strawberries or grapes (cut up really small), zucchini, and apples. If we are out to eat I will give him things like tiny pieces of grilled cheese or cheese quesadilla, beans, bread, and I even gave him a few French fries to much on this week. He loves puffs, Mum Mums, and all the purees I have given him. I generally mix his purees with rice cereal or oatmeal if we are at home.
He loves his CurCur something fierce. He gets giddy when he sees her, and the first thing she says when he wakes up every morning is, "Can I hold him?!"
Sallie loves him too, and for the most part is really good with him. I still can't them her alone with him for long, but that's more out of her immaturity than anything else. She loves him so much and constantly wants to hold him and help him do things.
He is fascinated by Wilkes, and Wilkes loves him right back. They are just now getting to the age when they can interact, but of course W is much bigger and stronger than J, so they can't hang out too much yet.
I had to document his last ride in the cart sling. We were well past the point of retiring it, but we both loved it so much!
First time riding in the cart like a big boy {at Hobby Lobby of all places- getting C's Market Day supplies}
Still loves his books, and the girls love reading to him!





















No comments:
Post a Comment