Saturday morning we got up and got the rest of our things packed and headed up to check in for our flights and get our luggage sent off to the airport. They had an issue getting our boarding passes printed and didn't have Curran's, and for some reason it took them forever to print it {or so we thought}. We stored our carry on bags with the bellman, and walked to Beach Club/Yacht Club for breakfast. We could've taken the boat, but I think walking was just as fast.
It was a beautiful morning!
Walking up to Beach Club for breakfast
It was our first time to eat at Cape May Café, and we loved it! It's a character breakfast with Minnie and Friends {Goofy and Donald were with her that day}, and they are in their beach clothes. When we were being shown to our table, they had surf music playing and Goofy was leading a parade of kids through the restaurant. Curran was so excited and she was "swimming" and dancing all the way to our table. :)
Blurry pic because she was "swimming" so fast. :)
Our waitress was super sweet and gave baby John lots of attention and love. We got some food from the buffet {which we thought was pretty good!} and waited on the characters to come around. It took a little while for them to come by. I had packed my big camera, and these cell phone pics are not the best.
First up was Minnie! Our first time to meet her this trip.
Dancing with Goofy around the restaurant
Here they come back around
Then Donald came by,
Before Goofy came, I had to scoot out and feed baby John and change his diaper. So Big John took some pics on his phone.
We were done eating at that point, so John and the girls waited outside of the restaurant for me to finish with the baby. We hopped on the boat and headed to Hollywood Studios.
It was around 10:30 by the time we got there, so we headed straight to meet Moana! I knew her line would probably be long, but it was also our only chance to meet her. {Another reason I'm glad I added on a HS day- the movie hadn't even come out yet when I added the ticket, but once they girls found out we were going to Disney they could not stop talking about wanting to meet Moana. Disney doesn't even have her meet and greet listed. The only reason I even knew where she was meeting was because I follow a bunch of random Disney people on IG.} She meets inside the One Man's Dream exhibit, and the wait time said 30 minutes but I think it ended up being more like 35-40 minutes {the longest by far that we've ever waited for anything at Disney}. That was our first time to go in One Man's Dream, so the girls and I had fun looking around while John held our place in line. And they gave the girls a Moana activity book while they waited, so they were perfectly content.
I missed the girls meeting Moana because I got on the phone with Disney trying to book a bounce back offer, so I was bummed I missed that.
Afterwards we headed for our Fast Pass at Toy Story Mania. I originally had Tower of Terror scheduled for Curran and me, but after the way she acted with other scary rides earlier in the week, I decided to cancel it that morning, and thankfully they had one for Toy Story at the exact same time as the Fast Pass that John and Sallie already had.
I hadn't really planned to take BJ on Toy Story because it spins around, but they don't do rider switch, and I wasn't sure John could ride with both girls. And I was still on the phone at this point, so I went on in. It was chaotic because it's so loud in there and I could hardly hear the operator. I'm sure she wanted to kill me.
John took these photos of me trying to multitask while waiting to board the ride. :)
After Toy Story, we saw Voyage of the Little Mermaid show which the girls love. Then we were heading towards the theater for the Frozen Sing-a-long when I realized they were about to have the March of the First Order. So we got a spot close to the stage and watched as the Storm Troopers and whoever their leader is march up Hollywood Blvd. SC was SO excited because she claims that Star Wars is her favorite movie despite never having seen any of them. But every time we are in Target or somewhere and she spots a Star Wars character, she always excitedly says, "Star Wars! My favorite!" So she was pumped. The drum music made it intimidating yet pretty cool.
Watching for the Storm Troopers
You can barely see them over the top of those people.
She sees them!
After that was over, we went to our FP at the Frozen sing-along which we all love!
I fed baby John while we were in there, and after it was over we stopped at the Starbucks so I could get a mug, and John took Curran to pick out her souvenir {SC picked the cat at Epcot the day before}, and then it was time to head back to our resort to catch the Magical Express. We were only there three hours, but we got done what we wanted, and I'm glad we went!
Goodbye, Hollywood Studios!
We ended up walking back to the Boardwalk instead of taking the boat. We grabbed our things from the bellman, returned our stroller, and hopped on the bus to the airport. The night before I was feeling ready to go home, but in true fashion, I woke up on Saturday so sad that it was our last day. I hated to leave. :(
We had an uneventful ride on the "Tragical" Express, but things were not so fun once we got to the airport. SC had a complete meltdown because she didn't want to walk through security. I'm talking a throw yourself on the ground and scream type of fit. I pretended I didn't know her.
She perked up for a minute when she spotted Goofy and wanted a photo op. She was not happy when we pointed out the "no climbing" sign.
Once we got up to security, we realized they had printed two copies of John's boarding pass and none for Curran. So we had to go all the way back to the Southwest counter to get that fixed. Finally we made it through security and found a place to eat lunch. Everyone was much happier at that point, and SC was truly a perfect angel the rest of the day. Her mood swings are exhausting! I kept getting texts that our flight time was changed, so I have no idea what time it finally took off. But the girls sat and colored nicely while John had a drink at a bar, and I walked BJ around so he would fall asleep. We had to wait forever to board, and the guy taking tickets was a complete jerk. But once we got on the plane, the flight attendants were awesome and doted over our kids the whole time. There was one lady who was particularly fond of SC and baby John {Curran was sitting by the window so she wasn't in the action as much}. I misjudged the take off time again- when we pulled away from the gate, I started feeding BJ. Well they had forgotten some piece of paper, so they had to go back to the gate. So once again he had eaten before we ever took off. But he ended up sleeping the whole flight and slept until I put him in the car seat. We had a great flight home, and the kids were perfect. We were all very happy to see Uncle Craig at the airport in Birmingham!
We were on the plane for a LONG time before we actually took off.
Looking a little cross-eyed, but he loves his big sister!
It was a wonderful trip, and I'm so thankful we were able to go. I never in a million years thought I would go to Disney World with a baby, but I'm so glad we did. I know he won't remember it, but I can guarantee that I will remember it forever. I loved having him in my arms for hours and hours and hours. He was my little sidekick, and it made me so very happy to have him there with us. I can't imagine him not being there. There are always stressful moments at Disney- that's just part of vacationing with little ones. But I was telling John that during the day, I would certainly feel frustrated at different moments, but at night whenever I was reflecting on our day, I only thought about the good. It was like the bad moments were almost inconsequential when I added up all the good, and it was amazing how quickly they faded from my memory. Now the airport scene will probably be seared into my memory for a while, but thoughts of all the other meltdowns are gone, leaving the happy and excited memories center stage. There is no magic like Disney magic!





































No comments:
Post a Comment