Our little guy is growing and changing. I find myself already being sad that he's not brand new anymore, even though in the big scheme of things he totally is! I think with each child, it gets harder and harder to watch the time pass so quickly. We go for his check up on Thursday, so I'll be anxious to see what his stats are. We haven't been to the doctor since he was 5 days old. Since he was already back up to his birth weight, we didn't have to go back.
I have been trying to get him on some sort of a loose schedule. Instead of letting him sleep all day, I'm trying to follow the eat-play-sleep pattern and keep him awake for a little while after his feedings. For the first two weeks or so, he basically just ate and slept. He definitely has naturally had some more awake time in the last couple of weeks. That means I have to work a little harder to get him down for naps, but not much. I am also putting him down for naps, usually in the swing, instead of holding him all day. As much as I would like to do that, I do have to get things done around the house, and I also need to get him used to napping in his bed or the rock n play. He doesn't nap as long in those things, so that's why he usually ends up in the swing.
We finally moved him out of our room {just in time for the AAP to recommend sharing a room for at least the first 6 months in order to reduce the chance of SIDS- lovely}. He's not in his crib but in the rock n play in his room. We tried the crib for two nights, but he woke up way more often which left me struggling the next day. So back in the rock n play he went. Most nights he just wakes up twice, which I think is pretty awesome for a baby his age. I try to do his last feeding around 7pm {of course that depends on what time he ate last}, and then he typically makes it until 11pm or midnight. Then he will go until around 2 or 3am and then 5am or 6:00. If he wakes at 5, I usually send John in there to stick his paci in and try to hold him off until 6:00. We have tried multiple swaddles, but the one that has worked best so far is the Woombie which we had with Sallie Cate.
He is nursing great, thankfully, and also takes a bottle really well if need be. I have been pumping before bed, but it's so nice not to have to worry about building up a freezer supply for going back to work. I'm SO thankful to be able to stay home with my newborn this time around. I do not take that for granted!
We haven't done any sort of tummy time yet, but he is getting much better at holding his head up. He is content in the bouncy seat for short periods of time, and he likes to lie on the Boppy lounger pillow and look out of the window. He also seems to like to when we sing. If he is fussy in the car {which thankfully he's been pretty good so far}, we can turn on some music and sing and he usually quiets down. Unless he's hungry and then there's nothing that will soothe him. :)
And now for some pics!
It's hard to catch his smiles on camera. This was a couple of weeks ago, but he has really started smiling a ton within the last couple of days! Melts my heart.
Not as many sleepy pics this days.
SC is usually helping me with the weekly pics, and she can barely stay out of the shot for 2 seconds.
This past weekend, John met his Quinn cousin, Mae, for the first time! She wasn't too crazy about him, but I know the affection will grow. :)
We had the busiest day on his one month birthday, but I was determined to get a picture. I had to take a few right before bed, so I didn't have many good ones to choose from.
Happy one month, sweet boy!! You make our hearts so full!












1 comment:
I thought about you when I heard the AAP thing, man, what are they trying to do to us?!!?
Post a Comment